Origin of Somalis

It's a pretty decent video and its made by this Somali guy. I shared this in another thread.

Time frames are a bit debatable but it covers our early ancestors migration history from Southern Egypt and Eastern Sudan and how we came to populate the horn and our origins in the Northern Somali peninsula.

It's a pretty decent video and its made by this Somali guy. I shared this in another thread.

Time frames are a bit debatable but it covers our early ancestors migration history from Southern Egypt and Eastern Sudan and how we came to populate the horn and our origins in the Northern Somali peninsula.
Only part I'm iffy on is the Gash Group part. It was a Cushitic speaking society but I don't know if proto-Somalis were involved in it or if we just passed by on our way to Somalia.

Only part I'm iffy on is the Gash Group part. It was a Cushitic speaking society but I don't know if proto-Somalis were involved in it or if we just passed by on our way to Somalia.

Early migrations like these are gradual, so it's not necessarily we passed by it. Could be they stayed there for a considerable amount of time and left, while others remained.

I like videos like this more than the ones that solely rely on genetics then they put up a random AI generated pictures of people, because they also connect people to material cultures and archeology.

Last edited: