People shouldn't have to work jobs.

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
Now, hear me out. You're probably thinking I'm just a lazy person who doesn't want to work, but think about it. We are essentially BORN to work. We are forecably sent to school with the end goal being to have knowledge and go to college to- that's right- work our entire lives away. No one likes working, but if you SAY that you're almost treated as though you're less of a human. Dont want a job? Grow up. Lazy bum. Are we supposed to be okay with the fact that things are just getting worse and worse financially and poor/middle class people literally have to work their entire lives away only for the government to say "Okay! You're 65 now! Enjoy the last years of your life being free!"

I'm seriously sick of this. Idk what the alternative would be but life sucks as it is. For everyone but the rich.

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba
Now, hear me out. You're probably thinking I'm just a lazy person who doesn't want to work, but think about it. We are essentially BORN to work. We are forecably sent to school with the end goal being to have knowledge and go to college to- that's right- work our entire lives away. No one likes working, but if you SAY that you're almost treated as though you're less of a human. Dont want a job? Grow up. Lazy bum. Are we supposed to be okay with the fact that things are just getting worse and worse financially and poor/middle class people literally have to work their entire lives away only for the government to say "Okay! You're 65 now! Enjoy the last years of your life being free!"

I'm seriously sick of this. Idk what the alternative would be but life sucks as it is. For everyone but the rich.
Buy a camel, hop on it, and roam the nothingness of somalia for the rest of your life like your ancestors then ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
Sometimes when work pisses me off I think about grabbing my savings and becoming a digital nomad for awhile in some cheap country.

Just live off 500-1k a month for awhile.

You think it's a better life that you should get stuff for free and rot away doing nothing?
Life is about avoiding falling into a monotonous and miserable job but work is unavoidable. Even without money you'd have to make things to barter and farm/hunt for food.

You think it's a better life that you should get stuff for free and rot away doing nothing?
Life is about avoiding falling into a monotonous and miserable job but work is unavoidable. Even without money you'd have to make things to barter and farm/hunt for food.
not no work completely but just less hours and longer holidays. why am i restricted to 20 days to travel enjoy myself each year its giving slave

with ai and automation becoming more advanced i give it two decades until all unskilled and skilled labor jobs are either done by ai or automated

People used to brag about their work and the quality of their work output, their list of clientele, what you had produced , the way in which you leveraged your skills in training and who you trained with.
They were fused and meshed with their professional lives, there was no distinction between professional life and leisure , it was fun.. to work. People were very proud, the porters, blacksmiths, iron mongers etc everyone was very proud. They used to have something called ''work ethic'' and immaculate pride in the quality of one's labor and produce.

But then something had happened, we are no longer proud of our work , we hate to go to work, we certainly don't feel identified with our careers, jobs and professions except rare occasions. We make clear distinctions and demarcations and boundary between personal life and work , we are very worried in maintaining life work balance as though work was some type of poison you need to detoxify yourself from

Then we started to form hobbies , if you think deeply hobbies are actually kind of occupations or vocations or professions but we distinguish them from what do we for a living , hobbies are fun , working for a living is drudgery its dreary , its a drag, its boring and dull. It's slow death. Work has become identified with repetition, with a slow decomposition of the spirit. We go to work the same way death row inmates go to the electric chair.
We are terrified of Monday mornings because they come after Sundays and Saturdays where we do as we please. Work is no longer fun, work is no longer something to look forward to , it's something to escape from.

There are several reasons for this, people being addicted to leisure time and society pushing cultural perception of work as drudgery.

A big reason is also depersonalization of manufacturing- the intermediate divorce between the artisan/worker and client, becoming an anynymous cog in the machine, impersonal mass produced indistinguishable from eachother, there is no face behind the product, there is no face behind the iphone, there is no human touch , nothing there to bind us or bond us to the product except financial investment which is actually personal investment. It's not like in the past you went to a carpenter or a technician if you wanted something fixed and that carpenter had a face , he had a family , he had a history, he had a specific type of laughter , sense of humor or not , he was a human being, so you had to develop object relations with the artisan or the manufacturer. I had to interract on an interpersonal level, but today when you buy a iphone there is nobody there, there is nobody home or face behind the product.

Another thing is the decline of professional guilds on one hand and trade unions on the other hand greatly reducing worker self-discipline, pride, and peer-regulated quality control. Quality is monitored by third parties or compromised by being subjected to Procrustean financial constraints and concerns.

There other reasons i can list to why we hate work and it's not longer fun today but it be too long. I have written too much already. I hope that answers you, the problem is not work but how it's become today.

Last edited:
People used to brag about their work and the quality of their work output, their list of clientele, what you had produced , the way in which you leveraged your skills in training and who you trained with.
They were fused and meshed with their professional lives, there was no distinction between professional life and leisure , it was fun.. to work. People were very proud, the porters, blacksmiths, iron mongers etc everyone was very proud. They used to have something called ''work ethic'' and immaculate pride in the quality of one's labor and produce.

But then something had happened, we are no longer proud of our work , we hate to go to work, we certainly don't feel identified with our careers, jobs and professions except rare occasions. We make clear distinctions and demarcations and boundary between personal life and work , we are very worried in maintaining life work balance as though work was some type of poison you need to detoxify yourself from

Then we started to form hobbies , if you think deeply hobbies are actually kind of occupations or vocations or professions but we distinguish them from what do we for a living , hobbies are fun , working for a living is drudgery its dreary , its a drag, its boring and dull. It's slow death. Work has become identified with repetition, with a slow decomposition of the spirit. We go to work the same way death row inmates go to the electric chair.
We are terrified of Monday mornings because they come after Sundays and Saturdays where we do as we please. Work is no longer fun, work is no longer something to look forward to , it's something to escape from.

There are several reasons for this, people being addicted to leisure time and society pushing cultural perception of work as drudgery.

A big reason is also depersonalization of manufacturing- the intermediate divorce between the artisan/worker and client, becoming an anynymous cog in the machine, impersonal mass produced indistinguishable from eachother, there is no face behind the product, there is no face behind the iphone, there is no human touch , nothing there to bind us or bond us to the product except financial investment which is actually personal investment. It's not like in the past you went to a carpenter or a technician if you wanted something fixed and that carpenter had a face , he had a family , he had a history, he had a specific type of laughter , sense of humor or not , he was a human being, so you had to develop object relations with the artisan or the manufacturer. I had to interract on an interpersonal level, but today when you buy a iphone there is nobody there, there is nobody home or face behind the product.

Another thing is the decline of professional guilds on one hand and trade unions on the other hand greatly reducing worker self-discipline, pride, and peer-regulated quality control. Quality is monitored by third parties or compromised by being subjected to Procrustean financial constraints and concerns.

There other reasons i can list to why we hate work and it's not longer fun today but it be too long. I have written too much already. I hope that answers you, the problem is not work but how it's become today.
The four hour work week goes deep into this topic. Time is by far the most precious commodity. The problem with most jobs is that they trade time for money.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP
If I were to work for someone else, the only terms I would except is a 4 day work week 4-6 hours each day with the exact same pay. Of course thats unrealistic, so I dont plan to be working for anyone once im educated. Even if I was a truck driver, at least that would mean I dont have to suck up to a stupid boss everyday and have every part of my work monitored. The worst of worst jobs has to be retail, Retail jobs is slavery... Even if you do get educated, you wont even make enough money. Engineers dont make that much while people in finance make a lot, How is that fair? Engineers are clearly smarter. Life is not fair. Thats why I plan to be my own Boss, like idilina said, I need to have a passion to work

Sometimes when work pisses me off I think about grabbing my savings and becoming a digital nomad for awhile in some cheap country.

Just live off 500-1k a month for awhile.

I've thought about this to until I add up the col.
While it is cheaper to live overseas - food, housing, transportation, etc .

What isn't cheaper are flight tickets. At least in Africa.
To this country, from that country, back & forth back & forth doing border runs so u don't overstay your visa.

Their are ways around that but still.. for a few years I could see it being viable - but if u plan on relocating? Yo funds better be long & ur plans better be concrete.

Being stuck someplace as an illegal with no money to navigate sounds like a nightmare.

Only a Somali will say that work is unnatural :cryinglaughsmiley:
Fr, like get a job bum! :chrisfreshhah:

POV OPs end goal in life:

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

1726547511265.png
alcohol drinking GIF