People who build their own PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you guys build your own PC's?
Do you guys build it for gaming, better performance, or just for regular use.
Do you guys emphasize on high end video cards and durable CPU fans?
Lastly how many GB of Ram does your Computer have?

I just focus on gaming and better performance, I'm not rly a content creator.

If ur getting a high-end gpu then there's no point in getting a shitty cpu. Otherwise it's just gonna bottleneck ur system

I just focus on gaming and better performance, I'm not rly a content creator.

If ur getting a high-end gpu then there's no point in getting a shitty cpu. Otherwise it's just gonna bottleneck ur system

What video card do you have btw ?
Nvidia or Amd?
I am not really a gamer so i could care less about how high end my video card is
Thats true gpu and cpu go hand in hand.

What do I have? More like what's in my Amazon shopping basket :chrisfreshhah:
I'm getting a gtx 1080, I'm not gonna bother with the new AMD line up

You are getting a video card that is worth almost 1k, what you gonna game with that for ? :drakelaugh:
Man i have a feeling your PC gonna cost 2k+..:mjlol:
Just get a cheaper video card and then overclock your computer

You are getting a video card that is worth almost 1k, what you gonna game with that for ? :drakelaugh:
Man i have a feeling your PC gonna cost 2k+..:mjlol:
Just get a cheaper video card and then overclock your computer

The f*ck it doesn't cost that much here. This isn't Norway lmaooo

The price dropped significantly when the new 1080ti came out plus I'm not poor :ahh:

I'm planning on overclocking too :ahh:

I need it for autoCAD and some other demanding programs too, it's not all fun and games

I never thought of you as a gamer girl :cosbyhmm: I'm shocked tbh
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's ok, i get that a lot :damnmusic:

The f*ck it doesn't cost that much here. This isn't Norway lmaooo

The price dropped significantly when the new 1080ti came out plus I'm not poor :ahh:

I'm planning on overclocking too :ahh:

I need it for autoCAD and some other demanding programs too, it's not all fun and games

It's ok, i get that a lot :damnmusic:

What games do you play?

I sold my PC and PS4 about a year ago haven't been gaming since:bell: My new entertainment drug has become primarily TV :browtf:

What games do you play?

I sold my PC and PS4 about a year ago haven't been gaming since:bell: My new entertainment drug has become primarily TV :browtf:

I play anything rpgs, plat formers, shooters etc

Damn that is the opposite of me. I can't remember the last time I actually sat down to watch tv. Theres no point now when I can just stream whatever show/movie I'm interested in on my laptop

Are you a gamer too good sis? Have you decided to fully embrace ur korean-ness by taking up the favorites hobby of indho yars :friendhug:

Built my rig quite a while ago and only recent upgrade i done was to add an ssd drive. It contains an zotac 970 gpu (not the best version of 970 but i can overclock it with relative ease) 8gb ddr3 and i5 4670k cpu.

OP you should just build a pc on what you require. I personally only require 1080p 60fps on high/ultra settings and the gtx 970 is still delivering. Can afford to completely upgrade and get a 1080 but not bothered don't even have time to play much video games these days.

Firstly, AMD GPUs tend to give more bang for buck whereas nvidia release regular updates (although the past several updates were dodgy recently for all major geforce cards).

As for CPU, AMD ryzen is looking good however it's entry price is rather high. Overall, Intel CPUs are more efficient due to hyper threading and other stuff but the good thing is that most modern games are gpu bound so you could go for an AMD fx instead of a more expensive i5 CPU (don't go for i7 it's overkill for gaming). Personally i went for an intel since Intel CPU's are way more better at emulation than amd CPU's (but i doubt most people pick a cpu due to emulation lol).

As for CPU fan you don't really need to buy a third party one unless you want to overclock the CPU. I personally overclocked my i5 4670k to a respectable 4.4ghz (but i could do more) plus only k series Intel CPUs are overclockable.

Motherboards are also very important and the most recent ones (lga1151) can accommodate ddr4 ram and newer Intel skylake/kabylake CPUs (although performance wise the new Intel CPUs are not much better than even the older 4th gen series in gaming related indicators!)

I could probably write about more but this is all from the top of my head. I advise you to watch YouTube videos on how to build a pc and use reliable sites such as tomdhardware and pcpartpicker to help you out.

Obviously the info i gave you is only for gaming. If you want to video edit and do other postprocessing stuff then throw everything i said out the window.

Built my rig quite a while ago and only recent upgrade i done was to add an ssd drive. It contains an zotac 970 gpu (not the best version of 970 but i can overclock it with relative ease) 8gb ddr3 and i5 4670k cpu.

OP you should just build a pc on what you require. I personally only require 1080p 60fps on high/ultra settings and the gtx 970 is still delivering. Can afford to completely upgrade and get a 1080 but not bothered don't even have time to play much video games these days.

Firstly, AMD GPUs tend to give more bang for buck whereas nvidia release regular updates (although the past several updates were dodgy recently for all major geforce cards).

As for CPU, AMD ryzen is looking good however it's entry price is rather high. Overall, Intel CPUs are more efficient due to hyper threading and other stuff but the good thing is that most modern games are gpu bound so you could go for an AMD fx instead of a more expensive i5 CPU (don't go for i7 it's overkill for gaming). Personally i went for an intel since Intel CPU's are way more better at emulation than amd CPU's (but i doubt most people pick a cpu due to emulation lol).

As for CPU fan you don't really need to buy a third party one unless you want to overclock the CPU. I personally overclocked my i5 4670k to a respectable 4.4ghz (but i could do more) plus only k series Intel CPUs are overclockable.

Motherboards are also very important and the most recent ones (lga1151) can accommodate ddr4 ram and newer Intel skylake/kabylake CPUs (although performance wise the new Intel CPUs are not much better than even the older 4th gen series in gaming related indicators!)

I could probably write about more but this is all from the top of my head. I advise you to watch YouTube videos on how to build a pc and use reliable sites such as tomdhardware and pcpartpicker to help you out.

Obviously the info i gave you is only for gaming. If you want to video edit and do other postprocessing stuff then throw everything i said out the window.

Finally some real shit :rejoice:

Right now i got a surface book, and i need a desktop so i posted here for some opinions,
I just wanted something more for designing and editing so definitely won't be getting the latest nvidia or amd.
I already have an idea for the mother board and CPU fan and what not just needed an advice for Video Cards.
Thanks bro

Finally some real shit :rejoice:

Right now i got a surface book, and i need a desktop so i posted here for some opinions,
I just wanted something more for designing and editing so definitely won't be getting the latest nvidia or amd.
I already have an idea for the mother board and CPU fan and what not just needed an advice for Video Cards.
Thanks bro

This is a good resource https://www.reddit.com/r/buildmeapc/

Read the FAQ and then make a post outlining ur budget and what ur gonna use it for. They'll tell u which parts to go for

I play anything rpgs, plat formers, shooters etc

Damn that is the opposite of me. I can't remember the last time I actually sat down to watch tv. Theres no point now when I can just stream whatever show/movie I'm interested in on my laptop

Are you a gamer too good sis? Have you decided to fully embrace ur korean-ness by taking up the favorites hobby of indho yars :friendhug:
LOL no i dont play video games. that and sports are two things i could never get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending