500k mag is crazy ma boqor baa disheen cagah:damn:
Bosaso Solar Power
IMG_7198.jpeg
IMG_7197.jpeg
IMG_7196.jpeg

AbdiFreedom

Zookeeper
Staff Member
Bad idea. It would be much more effective to jail and/or execute people who litter, especially plastic bags. The world needs plastic. Puntland and Somalia can be home to a petrochemical industry that serves Africa with products made with petrochemicals.

Kizaru

Cast in the name of God Ye not Guilty
Bad idea. It would be much more effective to jail and/or execute people who litter, especially plastic bags. The world needs plastic. Puntland and Somalia can be home to a petrochemical industry that serves Africa with products made with petrochemicals.
there should be reusable bags which last long and people should be incentivised to buy them for a few cents. Similar to these.

1717780254356.png

Somalia doesnt have landfill cites so they will be littered on roads. Our roads are already bad, we shouldnt add to the mess.

AbdiFreedom

Zookeeper
Staff Member
there should be reusable bags which last long and people should be incentivised to buy them for a few cents. Similar to these.

View attachment 330989

Somalia doesnt have landfill cites so they will be littered on roads. Our roads are already bad, we shouldnt add to the mess.

Those cost more than a few cents to produce and Somalis litter reusable bags as well (plastic bags are reusable too). Locals litter everything there. They have no respect for their environment which is why a good Japanese man had to clean up after their filthy way of living.

You solve the problem with strict penalties like I mentioned. Plastic bags are 100% recyclable. There is no need to ban them. You're just kneecapping Somalia's opportunities.

Those cost more than a few cents to produce and Somalis litter reusable bags as well (plastic bags are reusable too). Locals litter everything there. They have no respect for their environment which is why a good Japanese man had to clean up after their filthy way of living.

You solve the problem with strict penalties like I mentioned. Plastic bags are 100% recyclable. There is no need to ban them. You're just kneecapping Somalia's opportunities.
I am of the opinion that this new rule should be implemented untill we have a proper recycling system in place like they do here in the west.

Plastic is filth and shouldn't be tolerated

There are actually multiple volunteer groups locally that do cleanups.

It is also the case that the Western cities would be dumps very quickly if it wasn't for regular government services...

You have an axe to grind with Somalis I guess

AbdiFreedom

Zookeeper
Staff Member

It is also the case that the Western cities would be dumps very quickly if it wasn't for regular government services...

Other countries are capable of not having their cities look like littered Somalia. The vast majority of other countries are practically plastic litter-free. Maybe just be good people and tell your cousins to stop throwing plastic in your communities. How about the other plastic that's polluted? Are you going to ban plastic packaging too used for food and other goods? Are you going to ban diapers, bottles, jugs? Hundreds or thousands of products use plastic. What is the plan for those products?

It doesn't make any sense and it's dumb policy. It threatens thousands of tens of thousands of good paying jobs in the future that could be created in Somalia. People will forget that it was written in the books next week (laws are just suggestions in Somalia, anyway).
:pachah1:

Other countries are capable of not having their cities look like littered Somalia. The vast majority of other countries are practically plastic litter-free. Maybe just be good people and tell your cousins to stop throwing plastic in your communities. How about the other plastic that's polluted? Are you going to ban plastic packaging too used for food and other goods? Are you going to ban diapers, bottles, jugs? Hundreds or thousands of products use plastic. What is the plan for those products?

It doesn't make any sense and it's dumb policy. It threatens thousands of tens of thousands of good paying jobs in the future that could be created in Somalia. People will forget that it was written in the books next week (laws are just suggestions in Somalia, anyway)

:pachah1:

Well we have to start somewhere and yes ideally we would reduce plastic use as much as possible especially for what will be consumed by humans or animals.

The negative health impacts aren't worth it.

Ban the xudayd clothes whilst we're at it and get the national textiles industry going again. Somalia needs to be as self-sufficient as possible by any means. This means that we don't depend on imports for basic goods.

Also why are you talking like you're a foreigner?

AbdiFreedom

Zookeeper
Staff Member
Well we have to start somewhere and yes ideally we would reduce plastic use as much as possible especially for what will be consumed by humans or animals.

The negative health impacts aren't worth it.

They should start with real priorities like punishing rapists and other criminals from big clans. Maybe Somalia should ban guns too, which has a much higher negative impact. Plastic is your friend. Let's see how this ridiculous, hypocritical policy plays out.

Tiyeglow

A Laandheere always pays his debts
You funny the indigenous people of bosaso is beesha bah gareen ee Osman mohamud πŸ˜‚ bosaso wa magaalo beesha Osman mohamud every one else is marti πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±πŸ™πŸ½ marti adeb leh noqo mudane
Beesha Muse Suldaan to be honest... Jabir iyo Daahir Ayaanle two biggest hotels. Most of the haanti there is Muse Suldan.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I'm not as interested in development targeting diaspora. I love projects targeting locals especially rural puntites, because this will increase our human development index and make our locals respected.

Imagine every puntite rural or urban having access to clean treated water, schools, hospitals, airports, ports, sewages and all weather roads and a developed market place to seek work.

That's what I call meaningful development as the locals benefit.

Last edited: