Puntland Local Election 2024

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Elections are near, With remain three villages our local elections will finish, would PEC goes to Three party plan or stick to current one?.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Elections are near, With remain three villages our local elections will finish, would PEC goes to Three party plan or stick to current one?.
I hope they stick with the current system. No limit on number of parties, no election threshold, Closed list proportional representation.

I have also come to the conclusion that it is better for Puntland for voters to directly elect the president instead of parliament electing the president. This makes the president more legitimate in the eyes of the people. I would rather the president was elected by parliament, but it seems most people want to be able to choose the president themselves.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
I hope they stick with the current system. No limit on number of parties, no election threshold, Closed list proportional representation.

I have also come to the conclusion that it is better for Puntland for voters to directly elect the president instead of parliament electing the president. This makes the president more legitimate in the eyes of the people. I would rather the president was elected by parliament, but it seems most people want to be able to choose the president themselves.
By the law, coming president will be elected by people :tocry: .

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
By the law, coming president will be elected by people :tocry: .

I'm ok with it. Only problem is that it iwill be hard for any candidate to win more than 50%.
A president that is elected with about 40% of the vote is a bit shaky.

It is what the people want, so let them have it.
:manny:

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
1 Hour to go before the start of voting for district councils in the three remaining districts of Garowe, Dangoroyo and Godobjiraan.
Puntland election 3 dist.jpg

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
Puntland will remember Cabdi Faarax
That is a relatively high voter registration for non-Primary, and non-General election. Let us hope the turnoout shall be as high.

I'm compiling all of the results in a spreadsheet.
I have come to the realization that Puntland has way too many districts.
If a district cannot muster more than 10,000 voters, it should not exist.
Such a district cannot even pay the salaries of its workers.
Gumbax is a district and it has ~850 voters. That is insane.
Bari has this problem the worst in Puntland.

Trending