Reconstructive surgery for FGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that when they cut the clitoris of or something and the other's being blatant mutilation of the area,stitching it up and only exposing a tiny whole
1. The tip of the clitoris is cut off
2. The labia minora is cut off as will as the tip of the clitoris
3. The labia minora, clitoris are removed and everything is sewn up together leaving a small whole for urine / and menstrual blood

3. The labia minora, clitoris are removed and everything is sewn up together leaving a small whole for urine / and menstrual blood
Isn't number 1 sunah islamically speaking I also heard that in some Muslim countries it's illegal to carry out this procedure.

Last edited:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP

La xawla....

SenseSays

Years to look forward to

Everytime I read something like this my body just physically hurts. Knowing these types of things are done without anesthesia most of the time......god...

Bohol

VIP
According to the UN nowadays in backhome Somali areas most younger generation girls have
the number 1 (Sunni). 2 and 3 are known as fircooni though which is very harmful and a dying practise.

1. Everytime I read something like this my body just physically hurts. Knowing these types of things are done without anesthesia most of the time......god...
Number 1 isn't painful
They apply a numbing cream, then they cut the tip of the clitores
This takes about 30 minutes and it's mostly done by medically unqualified islans in Somalia. I hope this is made illegal.

SenseSays

Years to look forward to
Number 1 isn't painful
They apply a numbing cream, then they cut the tip of the clitores
This takes about 30 minutes and it's mostly done by medically unqualified islans in Somalia. I hope this is made illegal.

Number 1 isn't painful but isn't number 3 the more "popular" choice in Somalia? Girls would have it done because everyone would tell her that she "smelled since she's open". Mothers would force their daughters to get stitched up because it's tradition. You're right tho, the sheiks there are trying their best to get the practice to stop saying it's haram and all but no one is listening.

Number 1 isn't painful but isn't number 3 the more "popular" choice in Somalia? Girls would have it done because everyone would tell her that she "smelled since she's open". Mothers would force their daughters to get stitched up because it's tradition. You're right tho, the sheiks there are trying their best to get the practice to stop saying it's haram and all but no one is listening.
Man this barbaric practice needs to die quickly. I always thought people back home have ditched this cruel practice, but it turns out it hasn't yet. It's child abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.