Redditor who traveled to Somalia faces criticism for travel deemed dangerous by US travel advisory

Most of the comments are talking about how unsafe it is for non-Somalis which is true. Why would an ajnabi risk their lives to go there lmao

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
Most of the comments are talking about how unsafe it is for non-Somalis which is true. Why would an ajnabi risk their lives to go there lmao
Especially an cadaan when undercover Al Kabab niggas could be anywhere in xamar. The comments make sense lowkey. Maybe if he went to Bossaso or Berbera and people were saying the same shit I’d have a problem with it but Xamar? Deserved :damn:

why are the pictures he took so bad? its like he was trying to highlight the trash n ruined buildings instead of anything which looks decent

Mogadishu is divided into Green Zones and Danger Zones where alshabab attacks. Mogadishu is not 1 city, its dived into 3 cities.

The Green Zones are generally safe, rarely people living in them face any security risks because of the heavy investments in guarding the place. It's still adviced for non-somalis to not go anywhere without a guide.

An explanation given in the reddit thread to some of the pics:
There’s a lot of trash on the first beach (1st and 2nd pic) because no one goes to that one as it’s mainly used by fishermen, and it’s in a part of Somalia that was heavily destroyed by the civil war. The other beach is called Liido (5th, 6th, 7th) and is the one locals go to and it doesn’t have any trash.

It's a shame he didn't go to other parts of mogadishu , which are dotted by cool looking store fronts , resorts, cafes/restaurants and beautiful mosques and gardens.

Cali Jimcaale Mosque

Last edited:
why are the pictures he took so bad? its like he was trying to highlight the trash n ruined buildings instead of anything which looks decent
Lol at “looks decent”

nothing looks decent in xamar I was just there unless we want to lie to ourselves and say a little generic stinky mall on a dirt road next to a open sewer full of trash is something to look.

i hate when people like you act like someone from the first world should be entertained by a mall that they can find in every corner of there western country.

people come to failed places like somalia and congo to see how the stupid animals live

Lol at “looks decent”

nothing looks decent in xamar I was just there unless we want to lie to ourselves and say a little generic stinky mall on a dirt road next to a open sewer full of trash is something to look.

i hate when people like you act like someone from the first world should be entertained by a mall that they can find in every corner of there western country.

people come to failed places like somalia and congo to see how the stupid animals live
yeah you have some deep self hate issues going on i wont even bother going back n forth with you

Lol at “looks decent”

He took 1 picture of a war torn part of Xamar beachside nobody visits or goes to and you are trying to run with. It's very clean practically everywhere else.

Also what drugs are you on? Malls and shops are not built on dirt roads or next to open sewers. Nothing generic about them either
9ezkAws.png

tQ7Hju4.png

qUIqjKY.png

e0gAqsE.png

PcdT955.png

Mogadishu is experiencing a boom in construction due to the increase of security

Lots of places in Xamar are beautifully diverse , not just malls, with apartment complexes, houses, estates, business of various types, shops, street vendors, sports fields, theater and with clean paved roads with street lights/signs.. No trash/garbage to be found even, although some ruble near constructions.

See this drive through the city:

Other areas of Mogadishu near government posts & embassies with clean green side walks and dotted with palm trees:

Last edited:
Mashaalah mogsdishuebis growing. But I wish these buisness people would invest money in factories. Or opening bookstores.

Comments didn't seem that bad, they are not mocking Somalia just being realistic. It's dangerous for them to travel there and there are other options that don't involve risking your life for a holiday. It's an extreme travel location not somewhere you take your 2 week vacation.

People generally expect roads and tall buildings and cleanliness. You aren't going to get praise for basic stuff.

The beaches are nice but they must be cleaner.

Last edited:
They are also currently building out newly designed neighborhoods in Mogadishu.

One of the near completed ones is called Dar Es Salaam with theme parks.

If you search it up you see it being visited by Diaspora and they are investing in it. They are having a great time.

I hope to go to the lion parks soon too, i love lions.

Mashaalah mogsdishuebis growing. But I wish these buisness people would invest money in factories. Or opening bookstores.

They do invest in factories a few have opened up, and there is book stores and book faires.

yeah you have some deep self hate issues going on i wont even bother going back n forth with you

He sounds like he is filled with coolad and unresolved issues.

Was barking like a rabid dog in another thread about Gaza comparison after i explained that Somalis are heavily investing in Mogadishu and its rebuilding, not just Nairobi/Eastleigh as a result of it being more safe in parts.

I can make a few posts elsewhere about investments in JigJiga the 3rd largest Somali city soon, its practically hailed as an oasis of peace and stability in Ethiopia driving a boom in development. The biggest barrier has been security for Somalis and that's slowly changing.