Reer Djibouti on reunification

Twitter post in French asking Somalis of France (Djiboutians) on whether they should reunify with Somalia.

A lot of nos (as expected) but there does seem to be a level of hostility there. I’m not exactly sure why?

At the end of the day these are most likely qaxooti kids in Paris so we shouldn’t take their opinion too seriously but it was still interesting to see.

@Khaemwaset I have seen a lot of Djibouti Afars which are against it. This makes sense, but to see Somalis being proactively anti-reunification is odd to me. Do you know why this could be the case?

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
VIP
Twitter post in French asking Somalis of France (Djiboutians) on whether they should reunify with Somalia.

A lot of nos (as expected) but there does seem to be a level of hostility there. I’m not exactly sure why?

At the end of the day these are most likely qaxooti kids in Paris so we shouldn’t take their opinion too seriously but it was still interesting to see.
I could be wrong but I feel like Djibouti is dissapointed in Somalia and blames its current state on Somalia

if Somalia was rich and prosperous Djibouti could have been too
It’s like a younger brother being disappointed in their older brother/role model for not leading or showing them the way

I could be wrong but I feel like Djibouti is dissapointed in Somalia and blames its current state on Somalia

if Somalia was rich and prosperous Djibouti could have been too
It’s like a younger brother being disappointed in their older brother/role model for not leading or showing them the way
Honestly I don’t think Djibouti’s government has good interests in Somalia. They basically became what we should have been on the world stage (premier shipping hub at the bottom of the Red Sea) and I think they know a prosperous Somalia weakens Djibouti.

Sup

Anti Qabilist - Somali Patriot
Honestly I don’t think Djibouti’s government has good interests in Somalia. They basically became what we should have been on the world stage (premier shipping hub at the bottom of the Red Sea) and I think they know a prosperous Somalia weakens Djibouti.
That fat shite,
Over the past 34 years has done everything under the sun. To keep Somalia in a state of anarchy. Having a prosperous Somalia will weaken their importance in the region, and he knows it. Hence his position.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
VIP
Djibouti is rife with poverty
It’s poverty on steroids

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP

So French Djiboutians are 18 people

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.

Djiboutians Qaxootis are a minority, most of the people answering are literally djiboutian nationals lmao
There's no hostility they just have a national identity distinct from their ethnic one. Quite simple.

Why reunify when you can essentially be two votes on any international issue/forum? It’s probably the primary reason why they won’t allow Somali land to be a thing, because there’s already two Somali nations and if they allow it to split up, then there would be something like five votes given to a single people.. even if they can’t agree on anything

@Khaemwaset I have seen a lot of Djibouti Afars which are against it. This makes sense, but to see Somalis being proactively anti-reunification is odd to me. Do you know why this could be the case?
Literally had a convo with a Somali Djiboutian the other day and from what I’ve seen they identity more with their Djiboutian nationality and don’t want to join Somalia because of its current state.

They seem to value their diversity & coexistence with Afars and Arabs.

Joining Somalia is a retarded discussion when SL can’t even be convinced to join Somalia again.

That said, I don’t like the kibir emanating from certain diaspora Djiboutians. If it wasn’t for a Somali government and people ready to die for Djibouti independence, the West would have basically allowed Ethiopia to annex that country. Ethiopia would have taken over if they weren’t scared of Somalia going to war with them. The Ethiopians also pressured the West to keep Djibouti under French colonialism. It is one of the only recorded instances of an African country pressuring whites to keep other Africans under colonialism.

Why would they want to unite with a country in a civil war? But even if Somalia was to be stable I don't think they would want to unify with us because Somalia is now ruled by qabil politics and I don't think it is in the best interest of Cisse to join a country that would only see leaders come from Darood and Hawiye and no one else.

Not to mention the Afars who would revolt at the idea of them joining Somalia. If unification didn't happen while Somalia was stable it certainly won't happen now.

Why would they want to unite with a country in a civil war? But even if Somalia was to be stable I don't think they would want to unify with us because Somalia is now ruled by qabil politics and I don't think it is in the best interest of Cisse to join a country that would only see leaders come from Darood and Hawiye and no one else.

Not to mention the Afars who would revolt at the idea of them joining Somalia. If unification didn't happen while Somalia was stable it certainly won't happen now.
So is somaliweyn dead then?

Right now Djibouti has little reason to join Somalia but that may change in the future as Somalia gets better

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
So is somaliweyn dead then?

Atm yeah, but in the future, its a must and more fesible. I say this due to 2 things. 1st Ethiopia currently controls the sources of both Jubba & Shabelle rivers.

There is already dams in place for both rivers and now we are now aggravating them due to challenging their control over internal affairs of somalis.

In order to coerse FGS Ethiopia will establish more dams or upgrade the existing ones.

Jubba & Shabelle rivers are a lifeline for the south so all koonfur clans will be in favour of war.

2nd, Somalia is rising slowly but surely. Money talks and if reer Galbeed can see their lifes would be better off due to being apart of Somalia. Also due to recent conflicts against Canfars and oromos, border communities will be extremely in favour for somaliweyn. Don’t forget rise of Ogs in somalia politics. They too will be in favour of reuniting galbeed with somalia.

So in short, many peoples/clans interest will align for Somaliweyn.

Trending