Regarding "Bantus" in Somalia.

Only the Swahilis (Bravanese/Bajuni) are actually native to Somalia. The rest of the Bantu were brought in as slaves. Their population explosion isn't a surprise either, they are mainly farmers whereas Somalis are pastorialists and they have barely been affected by the civil war
Bajuni are of mixed origin the majority of their dna is Garre but they have a lot of foreign blood too but o think they have been in the islands for long. Bravanese people on the other hand are most likely settlers who mixed with different populations.

some people have been talking about this for awhile but i havent seen any evidence groups like shidle are of non-bantu origin, until we see dna testing cant be certain, phenotypically they do look bantu

some people have been talking about this for awhile but i havent seen any evidence groups like shidle are of non-bantu origin, until we see dna testing cant be certain, phenotypically they do look bantu
Exactly we need more genetic testing for that but haven’t you noticed rx people who are Madow looking have high Ethiopian? And how some Shambaras also have Ethiopian dna and I doubt it’s from xabeshis of Oromos because of phenotype they probably mixed with those populations

I trust sooyal more than sincadale nonsense like dna

Eylo have the same word for poisoned arrows as madhibaans up north which would suggest a Somali Cushitic Hunter gatherer origin.

I don’t think neither them or Boni-like groups are Bantu in origin even though have mixed heavily with them.

Hunter gatherers in southern somalia were composed of duurjoog (bush Hunter gatherers) and other groups who mixed hunting with other activities.

Some of these groups who were ostracised by Somali pastoralist probably had their numbers swelled by runaway Bantu Slaves.

According to Somali folklore there was some major wars between pastoralists and hunters which lead to a weakening of the hunters and them dispersing in different groups.

It is also likely some small Bantu groups might have made their way up the riverine areas during the Shunguwaya era. I don’t believe they are the origin group of eylo and boni though.

These kind of ciyaar performed by various groups including eeylo would suggest a non Bantu origin.

We also do not see any Bantu substratum in af Maay, instead we see some languages like Jiddu having a sidamic substratum.

Eylo have the same word for poisoned arrows as madhibaans up north which would suggest a Somali Cushitic Hunter gatherer origin.

I don’t think neither them or Boni-like groups are Bantu in origin even though have mixed heavily with them.

Hunter gatherers in southern somalia were composed of duurjoog (bush Hunter gatherers) and other groups who mixed hunting with other activities.

Some of these groups who were ostracised by Somali pastoralist probably had their numbers swelled by runaway Bantu Slaves.

According to Somali folklore there was some major wars between pastoralists and hunters which lead to a weakening of the hunters and them dispersing in different groups.

It is also likely some small Bantu groups might have made their way up the riverine areas during the Shunguwaya era. I don’t believe they are the origin group of eylo and boni though.

These kind of ciyaar performed by various groups including eeylo would suggest a non Bantu origin.

We also do not see any Bantu substratum in af Maay, instead we see some languages like Jiddu having a sidamic substratum.
The Oromo word for Somali is jiddu because jiddu were the western-most Somalis before the migrations

Somalia's population as a whole was a little under 3 million in 1970, the population boom is attributed to Madowweyne having a bunch of kids, even today with barely any money they have 10+ kids. Shamuuri a bloke who got famous off of the Sayid Cali case has about 13 children and he looks to be in his 30s, if they were native why arent garissa, wajir ect bantu towns.
Their fertility rate is very high they are mostly farmers

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
Italians didn’t bring in slaves at all. Majority of gosha were either maroons on their way to Arabia or escapes from Swahili/zanzabari plantations.

He might be confusing it with the fact that italian forced labor during the fascist period was mostly compelled from non-samaale/sab clans so as to avoid a rebellion.
it was the british who brought them, they also made jilib city for plantation

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
OP there are madow in the south that aren't slave decedents you're 100% on the ball with that. Even ignoring how the math behind their population explosion would make no sense, Raxanweyn assimilated many different groups when they migrated from Bale to Koonfur Galbeed in the middle ages. They were mostly Somalioid groups lakiin you can see in the appearance of some Raxanweyn that there were a more distinct group of people living in the south.

Imo these were the decedents of the original HG tribes of Somalia that were very distantly related to Omotics. We won't know for sure though until some of these assimilated/mixed RX take a DNA test.
the original hg tribes were already been assimlated or wiped out when the south cushitic were expanding down south

I know this is a very controversial topic and most people don't like hearing this but as Somalis we need to be open minded and not ignorant when it comes to this specific topics so we're not held back.

I find it really hard to believe that all Madows are descendants of Bantu slaves. I don't believe that their population went from 50k to almost million in less than 150 years.
Somalis were importing 10k per year in the 1800s it’s not that far fetched
GQeYPdwWQAERRUu

Somalis were importing 10k per year in the 1800s it’s not that far fetched
GQeYPdwWQAERRUu
That was latter when the Sultan of Zanzibar started exporting Zigua slaves to Jilib it happened as late as 1840 hence why Zigua people still speak their own language and they were also taken from Jubaland to Arabia.

Bari

Garabsare
All somalis have 10+ kids. You are a szchio if you think all of somalis 20 million population boom is due to a group of 80k people. I wish we had something stronger than qashin.
You misunderstood me, my point was that Somalis in general had a population boom since the 70s so it’s not farfetched for the Bantus to go from 80k to their current number. They live in more fertile regions, have more kids on average and are less likely to get involved in aano qabil killings which has been ravaging somali areas such as mudug.

You misunderstood me, my point was that Somalis in general had a population boom since the 70s so it’s not farfetched for the Bantus to go from 80k to their current number. They live in more fertile regions, have more kids on average and are less likely to get involved in aano qabil killings which has been ravaging somali areas such as mudug.
Plus fertile regions aren’t affected much by droughts and farming is more sustainable

Brother the civil war and the famines hit their area the most, and it was the area through which both the Ethiopian and Kenyan army invaded through during the war. America bombs Jilib weekly because it’s AS capital,

also they don’t have more kids and they do have aano qabil killings like other Somalis do.

Trending