Sabean theory

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
One man is behind your entire haplogroup? ๐Ÿ˜‚ also wara atleast put this shit in spoilers so ajnabis dont whiff it up.
It should be public information for curious Dir somalis who don't have an account here to know their real history. Us Sufis have this all written up in documents lakiinse mainstream muslim Dir forgot all of this.

Yes that's how founder effects work. Sheekh Isxaaq, Imam Cali Sicid (Samaroon), Sheekh Ciise, & Aw Barkhadle were all cousins who arrived in Somalia at the same time fleeing the oppression of the Abbasid Caliphate.

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
Islam comes from Allah not the Arabs
God revealed Islam to the barabric Quraysh and it was renewed Quraysh who delivered its message to us. Islam is meant for all of mankind but we weren't the first to hear of it. We had to be told about it in our local tounge when the Sheekhs assimilated into Somali society.

God revealed Islam to the barabric Quraysh and it was renewed Quraysh who delivered its message to us. Islam is meant for all of mankind but we weren't the first to hear of it. We had to be told about it in our local tounge when the Sheekhs assimilated into Somali society.
Let me put it this way Allah willed Islam for us and we accepted it and took it.

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
โ€œOgadeniโ€ Arabic yet somehow Dir developed the dialect? ๐Ÿง something isnโ€™t adding up
It was first discovered in Galbeed. The ogaden they're refering to is the region not the clan. Another reason this idiotic Ogaden regional name needs changing but that discussion is for another time.

Emir of Zayla

๐•น๐–†๐–™๐–Ž๐–”๐–“ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ป๐–”๐–Š๐–™๐–˜
It was first discovered in Galbeed. The ogaden they're refering to is the region not the clan. Another reason this idiotic Ogaden regional name needs changing but that discussion is for another time.
Where was it discovered specifically?

NidarNidar

โ™šSargon of Adalโ™š
VIP
1. Sahaba Mosque (oldest of Africa)
2. geez monument in Senafe
3. oldest tewahedo church in East Africa
4. oldest orthodox monastery in East Africa
5. ancient port of adulis
6. stele of qohaito
6. Ona civilization
7. human migration out of Eritrea via the Dankal desert/coast of Eritrea
So basically Habesha are basically stealing Eritrean history.

1. Sahaba Mosque (oldest of Africa)
2. geez monument in Senafe
3. oldest tewahedo church in East Africa
4. oldest orthodox monastery in East Africa
5. ancient port of adulis
6. stele of qohaito
6. Ona civilization
7. human migration out of Eritrea via the Dankal desert/coast of Eritrea
Don't forget Punt. I'm convinced by now that Eritrea was the central location of Punt

Araabi

Awdalite
@Awdalite you're right & we should apologize to our Habesha cousins in this thread. I got too carried away making fun of them when my people have similar experince.

We all carry 7% yemeni DNA for a reason.

Dir carries a Hejazi veriant of the T haplogroup for a reason.

And northern Dir developed a unique Arabic dialect we used as the offficial language of administration before colonization for a reason.

Any judgements towards Habeshas is both hypocrical and xasiid.

I don't understand this weird obsession Somalis have with Habesha history. We don't like it when people deny us our history.

Interesting bro has it been confirmed that the Dir haplogroup originated from Arabia? Apparently it is from Mesopotamia

I don't understand this weird obsession Somalis have with Habesha history. We don't like it when people deny us our history.

Interesting bro has it been confirmed that the Dir haplogroup originated from Arabia? Apparently it is from Mesopotamia

Iโ€™m more impressed with Iron Age Yemen and so are archeologist. Northern Ethiopia and Eritrea was a Sabean colony at 1 point in time the same way Egypt was a Greek, Roman colony at 1 point.

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP

There's a qurayshi dude who's ancestral to us & the haplogroup founded dates for our clans is the same time that all the sheekhs arrived in Somalia (11th century according to our clan records). When you put two & two together you can tell the origin is Islamic.

We need more testing in hejaz to fully confirm this but as of now I'm like 80% convinced T-Y16 arrived with Islam in Dir populations.

I also think Abdurahman Al Jebreti & Hawiye wete somali converts who had their lineages arabized but thats a discussion for another day

NidarNidar

โ™šSargon of Adalโ™š
VIP
There's a qurayshi dude who's ancestral to us & the haplogroup founded dates for our clans is the same time that all the sheekhs arrived in Somalia (11th century according to our clan records). When you put two & two together you can tell the origin is Islamic.

We need more testing in hejaz to fully confirm this but as of now I'm like 80% convinced T-Y16 arrived with Islam in Dir populations.

I also think Abdurahman Al Jebreti & Hawiye wete somali converts who had their lineages arabized but thats a discussion for another day
T arrived much earlier into the horn around 400 - 200 BCE, will find out more as more people get tested.

Zelia wasn't conquered and built up by Arabians. You can't compare Arab merchants in Somalia with romans and sabeans.

There was Somali merchants in Arabia and a Somali Shiekh who founded a city in Yemen.

"The first Zaylaฤซ of whom al-SarฤŸฤซ dedicates a complete biography is the famous Abลซ al'Abbas Ahmad b. 'Umar, known as Sulลฃรคn al-'arifin. He left his country on the African coast (barr al'aฤŸam) when he was 17 years old and reached the coastal village of al-Mahmul, in the Wฤdฤซ Mรผr region of Yemen.. it was the latter's grandfather, Muhammad, and his brother 'Umar, Ahmad's father, who left "Abyssinia". Having reached the Yemeni shores, the two brothers separated: Muhammad headed north, where his nephew Ali became "sahib" of the village of al-Salฤma; 'Umar turned south and his descendants, starting with his son Ahmad, settled in al Luhayya.. It is impossible, in the current state of our knowledge, to determine the exact date of this emigration: in fact the only other useful date known to us is that of the death of Ahmad b. 'Umar, 704 (1304-1305). Assuming, purely conjecturally, that Ahmad lived for about seventy years, we could place his departure from the African coast (which occurred when he was 17 years old) around 650 (1252-1253)."
- According to the Yemeni historian Al-Sergi; Al-Luhayyah was founded by the Somali Sheikh 'Umar Zayla-ฤซ at around 1250AD.
View attachment 342537View attachment 342538

''He left his country on the African coast (bar al-agam)''

It's even made more obvious by the fact that our Arab neighbors kept calling Zayla and basically the Somali coast in general ''Bar-Al Ajam''(Country of Non-Arabs).

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
T arrived much earlier into the horn around 400 - 200 BCE, will find out more as more people get tested.
I've been following this T stuff for 6 Years with my old user @Timo Madow and proud

Dates have always changed when more testing comes out. 6 years ago we thought T was like 5k years old and followed E with the Nile. Now we know irs Arabian but think it came 2k years ago cause we only have 2 Qurayshi samples.

When more Hejazi dudes get tested we'll see the truth. For now I've left team 2k & now team ana arab. Just makes the most sense when you read the historical documents and piece it together with the genetic founding dates for our Dir subclans.

I shared a study contextualizing Sabean/South Arabian influences quite a while back ago. This is worth a read.
Early Back to Africa migration into Horn of Africa

and there are some carved inscriptions in South Arabian scripts associated with temple ruins and ritual items in South Arabian styles dated to the early first millennium BCE in the north Ethiopian highlands [19]โ€“[23]. These linguistic and archaeological connections have been cited in the recent population genomic studies to support a hypothesis of high levels of non-African migration into the HOA around 3 ka.
However, more recent archaeological research shows that non-African influences in the HOA were limited and transient. Of the early first millennium BCE inscriptions in non-African scripts complete enough to identify a language, only a small proportion are written in a non-African (South Arabian) language - the majority are written in indigenous proto-Ge'ez [24]. In the HOA, architecture with non-African (primarily South Arabian) elements is entirely monumental or ritual [25] and ritual items with exclusively non-African elements are rare [26]. There are few to no indications of non-African material culture in everyday objects: the ceramics and lithics found outside of the ritual context are almost entirely indigenous with clear local precedents [24], [25], [27]. While earlier scholarship conceived of a South Arabian origin D'MT polity with sovereignty over much of the northern HOA, it is now clear that this polity, if it ever existed at all as an integrated state [24], was geographically restricted to the regions around Yeha and Aksum in what is now the Tigray region of Ethiopia [25]. Artifacts with non-African features are effectively absent in the material culture (ritual or otherwise) of contemporaneous populations in the Eritrean highlands on the Asmara plateau (the โ€œAncient Onaโ€) [25], [28], [29]. Prior to the first millennium BC, the archaeology of the HOA is less well studied, but what is available shows no substantial non-African material culture beyond trade relations [25]. Taken all together, the archaeological data could be consistent with limited non-African (primarily South Arabian) migration into the north Ethiopian highlands at the outset of the first millennium BCE, but cannot support large-scale population movements from any foreign population.