Sayyid Muhammad abdullah hassan spoke English

He was taught english by one of his British prisoners apparently.
Screenshot_20240702-214208_Chrome.jpg

attash

Amaan Duule
heh, I was wondering yesterday or today if MCX knew that the britons called him "mad mullah'' and what it meant.

this makes it far more likely that he did
I read the name "mad mullah" was already given to him by his fellow Somalis before the British appropriated it. He used to be called "wadaad waalan" back when he used to preach at Berbera.

I read the name "mad mullah" was already given to him by his fellow Somalis before the British appropriated it. He used to be called "wadaad waalan" back when he used to preach at Berbera.
wow, never knew that. thats interesting. I thought it was just a british attempt at demonizing him.

I know he was a sufi, do u know (more) abt his aqeedah?

attash

Amaan Duule
wow, never knew that. thats interesting. I thought it was just a british attempt at demonizing him.

He was part of the Salihiyyah tariiqa, who were opposed to seeking tawwasul from dead saints (a popular practice amongst Qaadiris). He would debate the local Qaadiris at Berbera frequently. Other than that, I do not know more about his aqeedah.

It kinda was, what somalis meant by wadaad waal had nothing to do with what the british were implying by Mad mullah.
Screenshot_20240703-015529_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240703-015546_Chrome.jpg

And the term "mullah" was totally foreign, few somalis used it to describe sayyid like cali jamac.

Also sayyid was a salixi suufi.

He was part of the Salihiyyah tariiqa, who were opposed to seeking tawwasul from dead saints (a popular practice amongst Qaadiris). He would debate the local Qaadiris at Berbera frequently. Other than that, I do not know more about his aqeedah.
dont know anything about salihiyyah nor do I know much abt tawwasul itself but if he was opposed to them seeking it from dead saints then that is proper