She says "I've never known any other place, I grew up here" yet she speaks broken English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Why are Somalis in America so fresh

This is what'm trying to figure out! She's being here since the 90s the reporter said and she looks no older than 27 yet she has a debilitating accent. Usually accent will be had if you enter this country later than the age of 14. Another reason that you can have an accent is living within your ethnic enclave and not expanding your horizon beyond the community

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
This is what'm trying to figure out! She's being here since the 90s the reporter said and she looks no older than 27 yet she has a debilitating accent. Usually accent will be had if you enter this country later than the age of 14. Another reason that you can have an accent is living within your ethnic enclave and not expanding your horizon beyond the community
Why do you have a thick accent then menace? :ohreally:

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Lol most Somalis in North America specifically MN are freshies. They speak with a broken American accent.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Lol most Somalis in North America specifically MN are freshies. They speak with a broken American accent.

Not in Canada. You'll find Somalis pushing 40 who don't have a fob accent.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I agree! Majority of Canadian-Somalis have no traces of fobishness!

They have one issue with their youths tho, they speak with this low life Jamaican accented slang "tings are going wicked ma yute":draketf::drakewtf:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I agree! Majority of Canadian-Somalis have no traces of fobishness!

They have one issue with their youths tho, they speak with this low life Jamaican accented slang "tings are going wicked ma yute":draketf::drakewtf:

That's every non-white person in the city doe

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
You do realize that you bowing to a third world little island's influence

well i don't personally talk like that. but it's not just somali kids that speak that way.

heck i retract the "non-white" part. even white kids try to pull of that accent with varying degrees of success. it's just another fad and it will eventually pass.

maestro

Cultural revolution
Because in America we are taught to embrace our culture and language :rejoice:

We don't lose our roots easily unlike y'all :birdman:

I got little cousins born and raised here who are fluent

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Because in America we are taught to embrace our culture and language :rejoice:

We don't lose our roots easily unlike y'all :birdman:

I got little cousins born and raised here who are fluent

fad? ppl have been talking like that for almost 2 decades fam

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
fad? ppl have been talking like that for almost 2 decades fam

i mean maybe in north york and scarborough, but the kids in etobicoke? that's some new shit i've been seeing post 2005.

especially by people who aren't actually black or african of any kind. it never permeated the burb kids from what i could gather and even they're sucked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts