Siyaasiga la yiraahdo Kayseh Magan, Soomaalidu Ceebeeya!!!!

Dalac Bilaash

☠ Emperor of The Horn ☠
The worst thing that has ever happened to my people is the cancer of Qabyaalad. Some Somalis will even ally with the worst Cadow against specific clans. Can you imagine hating a fellow Somali because of made-up old crackheads like Isaaq Daarood and Hawiye, for whom there isn't even a shred of evidence that they ever existed?

Kizaru

Cast in the name of God Ye not Guilty
This coon, routinely harasses and sues other Somali politicians on the basis of clannism. He has now taken it upon himself, to write an article about fraud in the Somali community.

This disgraceful tap dancing clown, is trying to make himself the image of the 'reformer' of the Somali community, so that foreigners throw him a bone. A Somali male Candace Owens, if you will. He tried to run last time against Somali politicians, (and was taking them to court under false pretences), and was funded by LGBT orgs.

Instead of throwing in the towel, he has amped up the coonery.

"Why you are hearing so much about fraud in my community"

These qabyaalad ridden folks are destroying what little representation somalis have abroad :snoop:
the day somalis rid this sort of hate for each other is the day god rewards us

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
In the UK we have this guy , him and his sister support Yahuuds

1721351390703.jpeg

Hes part of the older generation so the next one wont be a tribalist. I think Somalis are lucky that they have few coons and usually love their people. Other communities don't have that luxury and I believe it's a luxury.

Hes part of the older generation so the next one wont be a tribalist. I think Somalis are lucky that they have few coons and usually love their people. Other communities don't have that.
He is not a tribelist , he was raised by cadaan Foster parents and barely speaks Somali. The guy is far from tribelist . Some of the people involved in the scandal are from his own tribe.

The sheikhs, and community leaders need to speak on the prevalence of financial fraud among somalis, a lot of people seem to be totally ignorant how problematic this is. It's a mentality and cultural issue.

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP
The worst thing that has ever happened to my people is the cancer of Qabyaalad. Some Somalis will even ally with the worst Cadow against specific clans. Can you imagine hating a fellow Somali because of made-up old crackheads like Isaaq Daarood and Hawiye, for whom there isn't even a shred of evidence that they ever existed?

I don't completely vibe with these sorts of takes. Qabiil makes perfect sense within the historical context our ancestors lived within and was vey useful to them for centuries which is why it existed as a concept. People don't devise things like the qabiil system if it's useless, especially not in a semi-arid pre-modern environment that was constantly politically shifting and sometimes turbulent. And, like it or not, the tribes still have real teeth in people's material conditions in the homeland. Most lafs have a coffer adult male members are expected to contribute to that is then used to fund anyone in the laf who is in need or wants to undergo something that could better themselves and the greater tribe like seeking an education abroad. Political appointees often have no chance without the blessings of elders or seriously are just elders and most jobs worth having are gotten through people from your qabiil or their referrals. Not to mention that your qabiil is your refuge if someone ever wrongs or during most legal cases.

It's just goofy when Somalis come to a place like America and still cling to this stuff instead of clocking that they're in a foreign land where Mr. Hawiye or Mr. Darood might as well be of your Qabiil compared to the cadaan or whatever else guy down the street.

They haven’t felt the fiilo of government crack on their skins, no adab or xishood for 30 plus years so it’s natural they’ll be cooning out like this. An undisciplined people.

It’s easy to throw the blame onto qabyalad but there’s many people across the world who have clans and divisions among them, it’s just Somalis don’t fear retaliation from a higher power. Morality and shame is absent from their mind.

I don't completely vibe with these sorts of takes. Qabiil makes perfect sense within the historical context our ancestors lived within and was vey useful to them for centuries which is why it existed as a concept. People don't devise things like the qabiil system if it's useless, especially not in a semi-arid pre-modern environment that was constantly politically shifting and sometimes turbulent. And, like it or not, the tribes still have real teeth in people's material conditions in the homeland. Most lafs have a coffer adult male members are expected to contribute to that is then used to fund anyone in the laf who is in need or wants to undergo something that could better themselves and the greater tribe like seeking an education abroad. Political appointees often have no chance without the blessings of elders or seriously are just elders and most jobs worth having are gotten through people from your qabiil or their referrals. Not to mention that your qabiil is your refuge if someone ever wrongs or during most legal cases.

It's just goofy when Somalis come to a place like America and still cling to this stuff instead of clocking that they're in a foreign land where Mr. Hawiye or Mr. Darood might as well be of your Qabiil compared to the cadaan or whatever else guy down the street.

Clans are a product of economic cooperation, they came about as small units of production and was widely dispersed to avoid resource depletion in marginal environments.

I also think much like our Arab neighbors it also created a framework to build ties and alliances across trade routes and regions. That facilitated in distribution of resources, pooling resources to finance trade expeditions, mutual defense, cooperation and protection passing through territories.

Kinship system provided mechanisms for resolving conflicts and disputes.

A while back ago i listened to this German researchers explain how those same clan connections enabled recent Somalis in Germany to settle in , get work /jobs , housing in his research etc

And as for Qabyalaad it's largely just a product of the colonial period.
''Tribalism and lineage-identification became a problematic source of conflict in the colonial period not because lineage societies are inherently disposed to fracture''
ulqq5u6.png

You can see this clearly when you compare the current with the past for example. For example among the Daroods by year 1950 there was 1 beeldaje and 10 the sub-clan elders that payed recognition and homage to the sultan. Now there is like 200 of them.

Another example is how Tunnis just recorded themselves as simply ''Somalis of Brava'' in the qadi record book, but when the italians came they ordered judges to record the clan and subclan of the parities of each legal case.

Colonialists politicized and deepened clan identification. I could go into more examples structurally, but it would be long.

Trending

Latest posts