Skin bleaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that a lot of female Somali singers have been skin bleaching and I find this really sad for a few reasons. First, they are misrepresenting how Somalis actually look and driving other Somali women to use skin bleach. Second, it is sad that they are so dissatisfied with their skin colour that they would cover themselves in suun.

We, as a community, need to make a stand against skin bleaching or we will end up like the South Koreans (who nearly all use plastic surgery on their eyes to look white). As the most beautiful people on this Earth, we don't need to change our skin or faces (just our teeth). Everyone else does!

Btw, Somalis come in all shades so some have light skin. I recognise skin bleaching by greyish skin or Memoirs of a Geisha skin.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
That gif :lolbron:

And in all honesty skin bleaching is disturbing. Dark girls are fine as hell. We should be happy with how many features we have across the board, but wallahi that's none of my business :diddyswag:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Skin bleaching exemplifies underlying psychological issues such lack of self-esteem and self-perception in general.
People are all wrapped up in society's definition of beauty "light", "straight-hair" etc. is good and vice-versa is bad.

There are home-made remedies made from natural ingredients they could use to achieve a natural glow and an even skin tone but people usually want a quick fix without considering the long-term effects.

Bohol

VIP
Lucky for my future daughters since I am light brown they won't have to use any skin bleaching. :drakelaugh:

Nabeel786

Southie pride
I have noticed that a lot of female Somali singers have been skin bleaching and I find this really sad for a few reasons. First, they are misrepresenting how Somalis actually look and driving other Somali women to use skin bleach. Second, it is sad that they are so dissatisfied with their skin colour that they would cover themselves in suun.

We, as a community, need to make a stand against skin bleaching or we will end up like the South Koreans (who nearly all use plastic surgery on their eyes to look white). As the most beautiful people on this Earth, we don't need to change our skin or faces (just our teeth). Everyone else does!

Btw, Somalis come in all shades so some have light skin. I recognise skin bleaching by greyish skin or Memoirs of a Geisha skin.
is there any prove or evidence that you not one of these bleaching their skin?

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Skin bleaching exemplifies underlying psychological issues such lack of self-esteem and self-perception in general.
People are all wrapped up in society's definition of beauty "light", "straight-hair" etc. is good and vice-versa is bad.

This. No one really addresses the deep psychological issues these women ( and some men) are struggling with.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
There are home-made remedies made from natural ingredients they could use to achieve a natural glow and an even skin tone but people usually want a quick fix without considering the long-term effects.
Yeah, some think that skin discoloration is the only side effect but continued use could lead to skin cancer and various other medical problems.
The products themselves contain irregularly high levels of mercury that could cause kidney failure and reduce the skins resistance to fungal bacteria.

This. No one really addresses the deep psychological issues these women ( and some men) are struggling with.
Most don't realise that they may suffer from anxiety, psychosis or depression and even if they do they don't seek the help necessary.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
The only somali female singers that I could think of were the two farhiyas and hodan abdirahman. I'm not sure if they bleach but if they don't look 'bleachy'

Which singers are bleachers?

somalis are very very colorist. i have family members who looked at my nephew (cousin's daughter) and was deeply saddened that the kid became dark. they kept calling him ugly and cursed. a fucking baby. and nobody, including the mother disagreed. they were all sad. they kept saying that hopefully he will turn lighter as he grows older. it fucking broke my heart. but this is a common practice, though it might not be outwardly said, its internalized.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
If people want to bleach to become a lighter complexion rather dark, so be it. Hey is their skin right?

Society norms is the problem not the bleach. :ulachen001:

somalis are very very colorist. i have family members who looked at my nephew (cousin's daughter) and was deeply saddened that the kid became dark. they kept calling him ugly and cursed. a fucking baby. and nobody, including the mother disagreed. they were all sad. they kept saying that hopefully he will turn lighter as he grows older. it fucking broke my heart. but this is a common practice, though it might not be outwardly said, its internalized.
That's beyond messed up. Babies grow darker and hair grows rough in texture as they grow older. That baby will not be any lighter and some of your family members are very stupid no offense. What savages! How can anyone call a recently born baby ugly?

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Thats really messed and cruel..im shocked the hoyoo didnt smacked the people who were saying that. Whats wrong with being dark skinned?

It is usually a FOB culture. Girls born or raised in the west hardly do it. These FOBs watch too much hindi movies, and the FOB guys probably majority prefer lighter girls and girls always have to live up to the men's expectations.

somalis are very very colorist. i have family members who looked at my nephew (cousin's daughter) and was deeply saddened that the kid became dark. they kept calling him ugly and cursed. a fucking baby. and nobody, including the mother disagreed. they were all sad

Somalis want their kids to be olive skinned like Arabs with timo jileec.

We all know someone nicknamed Madoow or Madoobe. I know a dark skin guy growing up who was clearly not the favorite in his family by his parents lol

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It is usually a FOB culture. Girls born or raised in the west hardly do it. These FOBs watch too much hindi movies, and the FOB guys probably majority prefer lighter girls and girls always have to live up to the men's expectations.
Why does everything gotta be on us

I was at the 2016 guled conference this year and never once was skin bleaching brought up. Wallahi we got shit to do with this asinine practice :birdman:

Somalis want their kids to be olive skinned like Arabs with timo jileec.

We all know someone nicknamed Madoow or Madoobe. I know a dark skin guy growing up who was clearly not the favorite in his family by his parents lol
I also see this with my aunt. She treats her 2 light skin daughters better than the dark skinned one. Its fucking disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.