Somali ancestry

@Step a side @The alchemist @Shimbiris @NidarNidar
Are Somalis descendants of gash? Or is it a group to c group Nubians or Kerma? Which one is it?

@The alchemist and @Shimbiris are more knowledgeable on this field.

According to my understanding, C group and Kerma were almost identical and many believe they are just a continuation of one another. We have nothing to do with these Nile valley cultures but we are indeed of the same stock.

We descend from Gash which was like a parallel ‘sister’ culture to the aforementioned cultures above. Gash was further east towards the Red Sea Eritrea/East Sudan away from the Nile Valley. Gash is also the most likely location of Punt.

@The alchemist and @Shimbiris are more knowledgeable on this field.

According to my understanding, C group and Kerma were almost identical and many believe they are just a continuation of one another. We have nothing to do with these Nile valley cultures but we are indeed of the same stock.

We descend from Gash which was like a parallel ‘sister’ culture to the aforementioned cultures above. Gash was further east towards the Red Sea Eritrea/East Sudan away from the Nile Valley. Gash is also the most likely location of Punt.
Is it true punt was a vassal state of Kerma and did they pay tribute to Hatshepsut?

Butana and Gash amount roughly to ancestors of Agaws.

C-Group and early Kerma were Eastern Cushitic speakers, forming aspects of the macro cultural ground for the offshoot that became the proto-Somalis later.

Butana and Gash amount roughly to ancestors of Agaws.

C-Group and early Kerma were Eastern Cushitic speakers, forming aspects of the macro cultural ground for the offshoot that became the proto-Somalis later.
I thought proto somslis arrived in somalia around 2000 b.c? With the early kerma and gash just emerging around 2400 b.c

I think the most confusing thing about cushtites and the connection somalis have. Is that we have the pastoral neolithic cushites in tanzania in 3,000 b.c and people in Northern sudan 2000 b.c who are so genetical indistinguishable from somalis that were closer to these guys . than medieval eygptians are to modern eygptians.

Trending

Latest posts