Somali culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were romanticized by MSB goverment, the same goverment that thought we were black arabs and that all important costal cities were built by arabs and persian. They ignored the merchants side of somalis that we have always had. I belive we should represent every class of pre-colonial somali (the farmers, merchants, nobels, nomads etc.)

I definitely agree with you in respecting our urban past, though. Somali historiography barely delves into our urban & merchant past, and there are misconceptions & mistruths when it comes to the origins of some Somali settlements, especially in the south (why are Swahilis claiming Xamar when medieval contemporary accounts say it was ruled by dark-skinned Somalis/Berbers?)

Last edited:
I definitely agree with you in respecting our merchant past, though. Somali historiography barely delves into our urban & merchant past, and there are misconceptions & mistruths when it comes to the origins of some Somali settlements, especially in the south (why are Swahilis claiming Xamar when medieval contemporary accounts say it was ruled by dark skinned Somalis/Berbers?)
It's because MSB thought that we were only nomads, and that lie is still being spread by other somali today. I agree with you that we need more studying in our Urban & merchant past. The first step in doing so is to stop saying that somalis were just nomads, we were much more and we should equally be proud & represent that part!:fittytousand::fittytousand:

they do wear it on certain occasions

but i think it needs to go through some modernization to beat out suits/ties and other popular clothing.

Tukraq

VIP
Our politicians should wear Somali cultural clothes like the Saudis do in their country.
AP230363120895.jpg

Instead they dress like this.
large.jpeg

This is how our leaders dressed in the old days.
View attachment 64490
View attachment 64491
View attachment 64492
View attachment 64493
politicians that don't wear suits and ties aren't taken serious worldwide:mjlol:

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
Lmao I didn’t know somalis have been wearing Arab clothes since the 13th century

Don’t come for me..crazy people :whoa:

Tukraq

VIP
Lmao I didn’t know somalis have been wearing Arab clothes since the 13th century

Don’t come for me..crazy people :whoa:
worry about the illegal injera you've been cooking without the knowledge of the dutchman with the patent:ufdup: the guy can seriously sue every habesha person due to copyright:stevej: man I should have thought of that:ohlord: If I were him I would start with the newly freed Saudi amoudi who is the richest habesha of all time and wears
1024x538_401255.jpg
:russsmug:

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
worry about the illegal injera you've been cooking without the knowledge of the dutchman with the patent:ufdup: the guy can seriously sue every habesha person due to copyright:stevej: man I should have thought of that:ohlord: If I were him I would start with the newly freed Saudi amoudi who is the richest habesha of all time and wears
1024x538_401255.jpg
:russsmug:
Illegal injera ? Europeans are known to steal other people’s cultures and food, nothing new. That unknown company will be sued.

Almoudi is half Arab and a Muslim, you should kiss his billionaire tush since you worship Arabs.

Tukraq

VIP
Illegal injera ? Europeans are known to steal other people’s cultures and food, nothing new. That unknown company will be sued.

Almoudi is half Arab and a Muslim, you should kiss his billionaire tush since you worship Arabs.
they had the patent since early 2000s, :siilaanyolaugh: I don't worship arabs if you see my post above I said I want our politicians in suits and ties:faysalwtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.