Somali definition of "Divorce" f*ck her and them kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hablaha somaliyeed ma hawl yara, that's the real truth ladies and gents. They're good in every way but many are way to hard and hot headed. Its not just faarax, even almost every ajnabi cuts and runs from carweelo after a few children:reallymaury:. I personally like the fierceness of carweelo cause I know how to regulate:mjswag:

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Stop. Generalising. Period.

My ex had freinds who would tell her to request a divorce because I wouldn't speak to her for a few days when we had a huge row. They think it's all about women empowerment but some girls just want a breakup so they can tweet "God and gym is all i need right now" Fucking drama Queens

We didn't have kids but you can bet your ass all hell would break loose if I couldn't see them while she sleeps with another man.

My ex had freinds who would tell her to request a divorce because I wouldn't speak to her for a few days when we had a huge row. They think it's all about women empowerment but some girls just want a breakup so they can tweet "God and gym is all i need right now" Fucking drama Queens

We didn't have kids but you can bet your ass all hell would break loose if I couldn't see them while she sleeps with another man.

I know many girls who ruined it with decent guys by listening to their friends who were in reality jealous. Some girls are naqas heads:lol:. I don't find divorce a huge deal if kids aren't involved

VixR

Veritas
I'd love to hear her end of the story. I'd bet it'd connect some dots, and hold way more in the way of entertainment.
giphy.gif

I blame the welfare system. Somali women are encouraged to be single mothers.

Divorces are just as common in Somalia.

Its in Somali culture to divorce and the father to leave his kids. Many leave when their kids are too young to remember him whne they get older.

It's important to not take it for granted that your parents didn't divorce because we are probably the ethnic group with the highest divorce rates in the world.

VixR

Veritas
Divorces are just as common in Somalia.

Its in Somali culture to divorce and the father to leave his kids. Many leave when their kids are too young to remember him whne they get older.

It's important to not take it for granted that your parents didn't divorce because we are probably the ethnic group with the highest divorce rates in the world.

True, I have a few family members, male and female, who divorced once, twice, or some three times back home and re-married without a hitch. It was fairly unstigmatized.

The only thing you're wrong about is that men would leave their children. No, if the woman divorces the man or the man divorces her, either way, the man typically took the kids to be raised by his people, especially if it was different tribes. That was one incentive to stay in a troubled marriage for some women unless they were able to work something out.

My mother was my dad's third wife. Not at the same time, tho, he had two failed marriages before her.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I'd love to hear her end of the story. I'd bet it'd connect some dots, and hold way more in the way of entertainment.
giphy.gif

Lol I will tell you that I was the bigger asshole, I don't blame her for the way it ended but I always felt like her freinds did what they can to stir shit. Half the arguments we had weren't even about us.

Yeah major key in life, a quiet life is a happy life. You aren't a celebrity so don't live like one.

True, I have a few family members, male and female, who divorced once, twice, or some three times back home and re-married without a hitch. It was fairly unstigmatized.

The only thing you're wrong about is that men would leave their children. No, if the woman divorces the man or the man divorces her, either way, the man typically took the kids to be raised by his people, especially if it was different tribes. That was one incentive to stay in a troubled marriage for some women unless they were able to work something out.

My mother was my dad's third wife. Not at the same time, tho, he had two failed marriages before her.

The father raises them back home but not in the diaspora. But the mother isn't present.

VixR

Veritas
The father raises them back home but not in the diaspora. But the mother isn't present.
More like he, the father, had a system to raise them for him. To clarify, the mothers would usually raise the kids in their yar yar years.

VixR

Veritas
Lol I will tell you that I was the bigger asshole, I don't blame her for the way it ended but I always felt like her freinds did what they can to stir shit. Half the arguments we had weren't even about us.

Yeah major key in life, a quiet life is a happy life. You aren't a celebrity so don't live like one.

I definitely agree with the bold.

I wasn't under the impression it was all you, but I'm glad you can admit to the assholery. It's honest. It's easy to get caught into an asshole-counter asshole cycle that drones on, feeding off of each others' negativity. 'Sides that, some people just aren't compatible.

Our friends are the there to tell us when shit is getting out of hand, they ground us. They see you at your most vulnerable, they see it when you're being blinded and bamboozled by a love/affection they're not crippled by, when you're miserable and attempts keep failing.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I also blame the cayd system. It encourages fake divorces as well and lying to the government.

Plus as I said in another thread, Somalis need to be educated on family planning.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
What Somalis need to do is realize some aspects of their previous life is incompatible with the world today

Once we make that painful yet necessary transition, we can start picking and choosing what stays and what goes, and perhaps finally have regular structure in the household once more.

My little sister actually had her Somali friend come up to her and say "your dad's kind of always in your life. must be nice. pretty rare for a Somali person."

The pain that I felt when she uttered that shit. Ugh :tocry:

Status
Not open for further replies.