Somali film might lose to fake Korean film

Som

VIP
This is Korea and Somalias submission to the Academy AwardView attachment 205010View attachment 205011View attachment 205012
UFF THEY have the biggest box office in 2021…..fake ass film. Couldn’t even hire somali actors or even use our langauge but they made a shit ton of money.
Anyway the gravedigger's wife has a low budget , i doubt they have chance of winning any prize as best foreign language movie. I also think this Korean stuff probably won't win, European movies probably have a better chance.

Anyway the gravedigger's wife has a low budget , i doubt they have chance of winning any prize as best foreign language movie. I also think this Korean stuff probably won't win, European movies probably have a better chance.

The gravediggers wife is getting good reviews and won a prize at the African Film Festival.
Lately, Hollywood is pretending to be a bit more 'diverse', so who knows.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
The Truth is that the most of the world sees us as another random black subsaharan population and it's easy to see why.
When you see images from 1991 Xamar it doesn't look that much different from Liberia, Sierra Leone, Rwanda and other african conflict zones in the eyes of a non-somali. Koreans know absolutely nothing about us, I would have been surprised if they chose somali or horn african actors.
Even whites who know us have a hard time grasping the differences between somalis and other africans let alone koreans
Them koreans get pressed when you confuse them with SEA nonetheless other east asians.