Somali girls getting Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
As you may know our resident qanis and his band of followers are trying to smear the back bone of Somali society, Somali women and girls.

Please contribute and show why we appreciate our women.

A Young Somali Woman’s Success Story that Led Her to a Job at The White House

memphis_3.jpeg

http://allthingssomali.com/a-young-...y-that-led-her-to-a-job-at-the-white-house-2/

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Women drive success of Somali mall in Minneapolis

ows_144098869162777.jpg

Somali women have turned en masse to entrepreneurship in part out of necessity, said Osman Ahmed, who manages the Riverside
Mall — where 37 of 44 businesses are owned by women — in Minneapolis’ Cedar-Riverside area.
:leon:

Daughter of Somali Immigrants accepted to 8 Ivy League schools (Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale, Princeton and the University of Pennsylvania):
:salute:

A Minnesota teen has achieved the rare and prestigious honor of being accepted to all eight Ivy League schools.

Munira Khalif, a senior at Mounds Park Academy in St. Paul, Minnesota, told NBC affiliate KARE that she was accepted to all eight Ivy League schools — plus several other prestigious universities.

"I'm humbled to even be able to have these choices because I know that that's not the case for everyone," she said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/seychelles-police-release-cause-death-annie-robin-korkki-n657306

Edna Adan: Founder of a Teaching Hospital
Edna Adan (also known as Edna Adan Ismail) is the daughter of a prominent Somali medical doctor. She was trained as a nurse in the United Kingdom and married Muhammad Haji Ibrahim Egal, a Somali politician who was elected Prime Minister of Somalia in 1967.

In the mid-1980s she began building a hospital in Mogadishu, but the Somali Civil War began and she fled the country. She worked for, and with, the World Health Organization for around a decade before returning to Somalia in the late 1990s.
edna-adnan.jpg

In 2002, she founded the non-profit Edna Adan University Hospital through which she has trained many healthcare professionals and made notable strides in the fight against maternal mortality. Edna Adan was the only female minister in the Somaliland government until July 2006. She holds an Honorary Doctoral Degree from Clark University in Massachusetts in the USA and is an Honorary Fellow of Cardiff University’s School of Nursing in Wales, in the United Kingdom. Edna Adan also has been featured in the documentary Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide and named among the 100 most influential Africans. She is recognized internationally as a pioneer of women’s health and education.

DiricLover

Qalanjo
Somali Author Nadifa Mohamed - Writing the lives of Somali women.

image.jpg

Nadifa Mohamed is a rising star of the literary world whose life experiences are woven intimately into her award-winning fiction. Born in Hargeisa, a city in the north of what was then Somalia, she was four years old when her family relocated to London, where they remained when civil war broke out in their homeland shortly thereafter. It was an experience she described as “a rupture of everything I’d known… going to school for the first time in a completely different environment knowing that the world I did know was lost in quite a big way was very traumatic.”
A Somali diaspora has emerged in the UK and elsewhere in the intervening years, but in that early and chaotic period it lacked the sense of diasporic community that it would later develop.

Edna Adan: Founder of a Teaching Hospital
Edna Adan (also known as Edna Adan Ismail) is the daughter of a prominent Somali medical doctor. She was trained as a nurse in the United Kingdom and married Muhammad Haji Ibrahim Egal, a Somali politician who was elected Prime Minister of Somalia in 1967.

In the mid-1980s she began building a hospital in Mogadishu, but the Somali Civil War began and she fled the country. She worked for, and with, the World Health Organization for around a decade before returning to Somalia in the late 1990s.
edna-adnan.jpg

In 2002, she founded the non-profit Edna Adan University Hospital through which she has trained many healthcare professionals and made notable strides in the fight against maternal mortality. Edna Adan was the only female minister in the Somaliland government until July 2006. She holds an Honorary Doctoral Degree from Clark University in Massachusetts in the USA and is an Honorary Fellow of Cardiff University’s School of Nursing in Wales, in the United Kingdom. Edna Adan also has been featured in the documentary Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide and named among the 100 most influential Africans. She is recognized internationally as a pioneer of women’s health and education.

Yup! She's included in the list I posted. She is an amazing person and is doing a job better than what all the so-called politicians in all Somali territories combined have ever done. Top lady in my book! :nvjpqts:

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Somali Author Nadifa Mohamed - Writing the lives of Somali women.

View attachment 7272

Nadifa Mohamed is a rising star of the literary world whose life experiences are woven intimately into her award-winning fiction. Born in Hargeisa, a city in the north of what was then Somalia, she was four years old when her family relocated to London, where they remained when civil war broke out in their homeland shortly thereafter. It was an experience she described as “a rupture of everything I’d known… going to school for the first time in a completely different environment knowing that the world I did know was lost in quite a big way was very traumatic.”
A Somali diaspora has emerged in the UK and elsewhere in the intervening years, but in that early and chaotic period it lacked the sense of diasporic community that it would later develop.

Her book, the black mamaba boy was very interesting, really good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending