Somali guy gets job application rejected because Somalis "resist authority"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I have read stories about how Somalia has a culture of resistance to authority. Such a culture would be quite different than the Canadian culture sees makes cutting ahead in a lineup as a great social error.

"The investment industry is a subculture with its own rules and traditions. It is normal for people to train for entry into this field. While your academic career suggests the training would be well within your competence, there is no demonstrated enthusiasm in past experience for entering this subculture.

"Due to lack of background, I must decline your application.

"Good luck with finding a suitable position."

"Somalis have a culture of resisting authority".... very interesting though.

:dwill::ohhh:

Other bigots would have said we are or they are terrorists or pirates.

:patrice:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Didn't the human right tribunal award that lesbian money because she didn't get her hair cut at the male barbershop by a Muslim man, even though he still offered a haircut anyway?

Canada is ridic sometimes.

He should be asking for more than just an apology.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
:cosbyhmm: They aren't wrong though

Somalis don't recognize Authority unless they are forced to

You're actually an idiot. :camby:

'Somalis' kulaha he's a Canadian and grew up in Canada. He should be treated the same fashion as everyone else. I mean that's if everything Canada supposedly stands for isn't just a load of bs.

She shouldn't extrapolate Somalis going through a civil war =all Somalis can't take directions.

Also I like how cadaans carefully gloss over two decades of dictatorship. What people wouldn't rebel? other than ones who's dictators are propped by the west.:comeon:

Certainly not cadaans.

Last edited:
How will someone know that you are Somali on applications? Simply by indicating you speak Somali in resume. Don't write Somali as languages spoken. Use "Canadian name" Chinese and Korean change their ethnic names to Canadian ( easy pronunciated names/ pure Somali names in our case). Keep it simple guys. If someone asks about your ethnicity in interviews answered "what has got to do with work? Or lie Djibouti

Prototype

Heads high
You're actually an idiot. :camby:

'Somalis' kulaha he's a Canadian and grew up in Canada. He should be treated the same fashion as everyone else. I mean that's if everything Canada supposedly stands for isn't just a load of bs.

She should extrapolate Somalis going through a civil war =all Somalis can't take directions.

Also I like how cadaans carefully gloss over two decades of dictatorship. What people wouldn't rebel other than ones who's dictators are propped by the west.:comeon:

Certainly not cadaans.

Thanks. I didn't know how profiling works before reading this post .:ayaanswag:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Why should you cut off a clear asset to please racists, though? Being bilingual is valuable to companies and stating that should be met with interest.

Time to stop this bullshit in back home Somalia, 20 years of lawless and even when we got government we started killing and bombing our hotels. Hope that you woke, backhome 'problems (Somalia) are affecting us even in diaspora.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Yeah for now nigga. In a country with a sizable Somali population, any company could benefit from having someone on the team that speaks the language. There's obviously a hierarchy of bilingualism in terms of employment benefit, but at the end of the day speaking two languages fluently > only speaking one.

Status
Not open for further replies.