Somali Hiker's Group is NOT just for Somalis- Somali Events Need to be Somali?

Maarkey account ka SSpot somesta ma yaganin see tha af Somali lo akhri oo, la keen ma-leen cus sa wan baranya :ftw9nwa:
Would just like to point out that your Somali is atrocious.

Animation Sipping Tea GIF by LAIKA Studios

Everyone starts off being a novice

@EyiPunter , start reading bbcsomali, ignore the propaganda, but just to learn some words, and then practice on here to get pointers.
It's a rite of passage, when I would go back home to visit family or record tapes to greet relatives back home, or even try to converse in Somali with elders they would always make fun of my pronunciation.

But I got the last laugh, because my Somali is indistinguishable from native back home speakers now.

You need to have a back bone to be around Somalis and not take yourself too seriously. They will use metaphors, backhanded compliments, creative language and anything under the sun to play on your lack of culture or any percieved insecurities. It will be brutal @EyiPunter.

War kaas iska dhaafa, barqada buu daaqaa bay ku oran donaan.

John Candy Lol GIF

I went to one once it was great there were a few ajanabis whom were morrocan and Sudani but they were chill and it was all in all a really good time and didn’t take away any fun and enjoyment

if it was a matchmaking event or a poetry/dance event and there were ajnabis participating i would understand, but someone inviting an ajanbi friend to a hiking event doesnt need a psychoanalysis

if it was a matchmaking event or a poetry/dance event and there were ajnabis participating i would understand, but someone inviting an ajanbi friend to a hiking event doesnt need a psychoanalysis

How else are Somalis supposed to naturally meet, without it being a lot of pressure? These kind of unassuming events, but of course, foreigners are in the mix, and don't know how to stay out of Somali circles.

Trending