Let's post some nice outfit ideas for Somali male grooms, and even those who want nice Eid outfits. For the guys who are thinking of rocking up, looking like a Black Arab.

You can be inspired by the past, or be an individual and get creative.

OUTFIT IDEA 1:

Get a nice White dress shirt, maybe even some cufflinks, and then wear the traditional White cotton outfit, with some other traditional items, such as a sword, spear or whatever else your clansmen used to wear.

This stick is called a 'Hangool'
1726178437745.png

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 22.58.28.png

1726178394015.png

Last edited:
These guys made us proud. Rocking these garments in early 20th century Europe :salute:

How did Somali men go from rocking traditional cotton outfits (regular men), and Black robes etc (merchants, leaders), to wearing Hindi fishermen macawiis in public. Something serious has happened to the Somali psyche, and an amnesia of sorts.

How did Somali men go from rocking traditional cotton outfits (regular men), and Black robes etc (merchants, leaders), to wearing Hindi fishermen macawiis in public. Something serious has happened to the Somali psyche, and an amnesia of sorts.

Might be the physical manifestation of steady demoralization that has continued for decades. From war, social decal, moral decay, disillusionment, understanding of our standing and powerlessness.

Honestly even myself, I have hope and some sort of fight in me, but honestly it’s dying daily.

Might be the physical manifestation of steady demoralization that has continued for decades. From war, social decal, moral decay, disillusionment, understanding of our standing and powerlessness.

Honestly even myself, I have hope and some sort of fight in me, but honestly it’s dying daily.

Don't give up;

β€œthe darkest hour is just before the dawn”.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Mawaciis is essentially house wear. :ftw9nwa: It reminds me of a sarong.

Considering that a wedding is more of a formal event, I prefer a rehashing of the past and perhaps something more ornate and intricate.

Khaemwaset

FrΓΌher of the Djibouti Ugaasate πŸ‡©πŸ‡―
VIP
Our fathers didn’t even teach us and we don’t have role models to look upto
The upper class switched to Latin script and wearing Suits instead of the Somali thobe and Far wadaad. They tried westernising and so lost their Aristocratic Somali wear. And if the upper class doesn't wear these clothes why would the lower classes do?

1930s compared to 1960s
1726178919982.png

RDT_20240805_2344394933811510293124114.jpg

8E40F437-53AA-47BE-9AC3-073A652DE8DF (1).jpeg

After the Republic
2021630637606709317746939 (1) (1).jpg

20240428_202008.jpg

IMG_0148 (1).jpg
FThZy2UWQAY0XMm.jpg
imageproxy (3).jpeg
5B8F5B6D-20A7-48BB-A432-2F607EDD4104.jpeg
images (44).jpeg

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP
Theres nothing wrong with the macawis, the images, the worst images you could find you showed is modern somali culture. Every oday dresses like that. You expect them to wear some cheap remake of traditional clothes 100% polyester.
All youre doing right now is sitting just talking, no actions. Of course everyone wants to wear their tradtion clothing. But they cant find it. They need quality. So go ahead you and unmarried angry super nationalist yet super qabilist people can go ahead start shaming newly wed couples for dressing well . What a pathetic existence