Somali Men Wedding /Formal Events Outfit Ideas

So fascinating how from 1900 to 1970 all the odeys were skinny. Hardly a pot belly in sight. My grandfather May Allah have mercy on his soul would be around 98 today if he were alive. He as skinny and muscular at 70 when he died. Men of my fathers Gen who are now in their 60s have bloating bodies and weak muscles.

There is deffo a huge change in diet. The diet my parents had in Somalia in the 60s and 70s is vastly different To the crap people eat now and it was probably even better when my grandfather was a lad in the 40s.

Im_✨

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
So fascinating how from 1900 to 1970 all the odeys were skinny. Hardly a pot belly in sight. My grandfather May Allah have mercy on his soul would be around 98 today if he were alive. He as skinny and muscular at 70 when he died. Men of my fathers Gen who are now in their 60s have bloating bodies and weak muscles.

There is deffo a huge change in diet. The diet my parents had in Somalia in the 60s and 70s is vastly different To the crap people eat now and it was probably even better when my grandfather was a lad in the 40s.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Khaemwaset

FrΓΌher of the Djibouti Ugaasate πŸ‡©πŸ‡―
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm about to do 30 minutes stairmaster on level 8 stay hard niggas
working out GIF

We went from a protein/calcuim heavy diet of milk and meat to processed expired carbs of rice and pasta

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
The Somali Khamiis styles, as you can see from the image below, there is a strong sense of INDIVIDUALISM. No clone outfits, different colours, different styles of wrapping the head dress. One of them isn't even wearing a head dress. You get the gist.

View attachment 342599
View attachment 342603
View attachment 342604

View attachment 342605

View attachment 342606
Also got this locked down recently.

1726244178119.png

I'm tyrna get my friends on it. We need Somali cultural revival. Enough of this ripping off Khaleeji BS. Dhaqanka wan haysta

If my family members or job find the retarded shit I said on here it's qadr Allah πŸ˜‚ I have low profile on social media though so I should be good. Only use tiktok really.
nah i see you in the comment section on insta and i'm thinking this guy is so bait

I actually like the Indonesian-style macawiis. I saw one in Xamar that had a woven design and was pretty expensive ($250). I’d definitely wear it to my wedding along with a tailored white shaati and some form of a shawl (which we also import btw) and a toorey (which would probably be work with a regular belt).

Last edited:
Last edited:

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
Oh it's over for me howd you clock the tea πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
Lowkey tho I've stopped using Insta lately few months ago. The app turned trash. If you noticed @Moon- my comments slowly dissapeared im not on somali insta no more.

You'll probably see me in tiktok comments with handle @HalalOnly soon