Somali Uber drivers

Mozart

You need people like me
What do you think about them ?

Personally, I just cancel when I see the guy’s Somali. The final straw was a guy who give me an Islamic lecture at 5am.

vanilla

i think with my heart
i actually get excited when i get somali uber driver... it makes me happy that my money is contributing to their income, even if it is small amount...giving em a tip makes their day :)....

they talk about the most random thing ever,, which is nice compliment to my journey

i actually get excited when i get somali uber driver... it makes me happy that my money is contributing to their income, even if it is small amount...giving em a tip makes their day :)....

they talk about the most random thing ever,, which is nice compliment to my journey

I agree. In my opinion they've been nothing but respectful and only do small talk which I prefer to awkward silence. I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Its easy to differentiate between Ethiopian/ Sudanese vs Xalimo.

Horta xalimo are just farax with pun.ani.Wa qeylo badhan tihin and when you drink liqour xishoodka uu idhinka tagaa.

i dont have the basic Somali features, i look a litte ambiguous.
i can easily pass as sudanese or ethiopian.

Xalimos blm think an uber driver having convo with her means he is shukansing her.

An odey asking me how I'm doing or how my day went is a none issue. Some people are too anti-social and struggle to do basic communication with outsiders.

Last edited:

Mozart

You need people like me
An odey asking me how I'm doing or how ny day went is a none issue. Some people are too anti-social and struggle to do basic communication with outsiders.
I don’t mind that lol I used to speak to them . Some guys just treat you like a therapist though with their life stories

Never had a problem with em. Had this one Somali from Djibouti, who was pretty liberal. I straight up think he was gaal the way he was talking. Said having the French there made them more liberal. Encouraged me to have fun, and wear a condom. Weirdest Somali Uber driver I ever had.

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
I say hello and proceed with simple one word answers. That usually gets the message across. I don’t mind small talk but they can get so intrusive.

There’s an option to request quiet rides.