Somali Vegans

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
@Duchess you're supposed to eat meat everyday, and red meat 4 times a week. You should either eat meat everyday or abandon it all together lol

Wiki gout and colon cancer that's your future if you eat too much red meat. Even reer baadiyos don't really eat a lot of hilib. They have berries/caano/caano garoor

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
@Duchess you're supposed to eat meat everyday, and red meat 4 times a week. You should either eat meat everyday or abandon it all together lol

According to who? Btw, I rarely if ever eat red meat. The last time was months ago when I had some ground beef on my pizza.

@nucleus I haven't tried it. I like my tea and coffee bila ano.

@Duchess according to Australian (Western) dietary guidelines.

You're supposed to eat some kind of animal everyday. It doesn't have to be red meat. It can be chicken. Chicken is my favorite so I can live without red meat myself.

Breakfast: pancakes or cereal or a muffin

Lunch: meat sandwich? Tuna salad? Salad itself?

Dinner: rice/pasta/chapati and meat. Sambuusa. Butter chicken.

It's very hard to avoid meat. What do you eat for dinner and lunch if you eat meat only once a week? Do your force your husband to also eat meat only once a week?

I'm just curious at what the options would be. Do you eat rice and pasta by itself?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
@nucleus I was same with the red meat even to this day, I won't touch it. Goat meat, lamb, and after high school I stopped eating chicken. I don't eat red meat or chicken now, just fish occasionally.

I remember in 6th grade going to my uncle's house for winter break and his wife cooked bariis isku dhaxkariis. I refused to eat until she made me plain bariis. I get nauseous from the smell of hilib Ari and red meat. There's this distinctive smell to them. I can't put my finger on it but I despise going into a house that has been cooked hilib Ari in.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
@Reiko or @Duchess

Have you guys tried cashew milk? I like almond milk (for cereal) but it's too watery in my tea. I wanna try cashew.
I use coconut creamer from whole foods. Tastes so good Wallahi. I love almond milk. Cashew milk is okay but I prefer coconut milk and almond milk. Actually I'm currently loving almond coconut milk, tastes so good Wallahi. I sent dua for the company that came up with it.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
@Duchess according to Australian (Western) dietary guidelines.

You're supposed to eat some kind of animal everyday. It doesn't have to be red meat. It can be chicken. Chicken is my favorite so I can live without red meat myself.

Breakfast: pancakes or cereal or a muffin

Lunch: meat sandwich? Tuna salad? Salad itself?

Dinner: rice/pasta/chapati and meat. Sambuusa. Butter chicken.

It's very hard to avoid meat. What do you eat for dinner and lunch if you eat meat only once a week? Do your force your husband to also eat meat only once a week?

I'm just curious at what the options would be. Do you eat rice and pasta by itself?

There are plenty of substitutes. Indian cuisine is the best for this. There are countless vegetarian/vegan curry options, all you need to do is replace the meat and chicken with something else like paneer. I'm not a vegan so I occasionally have diary and eggs. My diet isn't as limiting as it seems.

It's good that you don't eat a lot of red meat, but please research chicken farms. Support humane farming practices and purchase only organic products.

Status
Not open for further replies.