Somalia 1970s - 1980s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Military Parade

School Children.

Idin Amin / State Visit & other Arab Delegates

Siad Barre Was once head of African Union / I'm sure if he was alive today and witnessed what Amisom where doing, they'd be embarrassed.

Look at the architecture on on buildings from 1.29 (1960 Independence), and the parliament with ancient Egyptian inspired Somali designs.

China built the African Union Headquarters in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) in 2009, and Somalia built it's own one more than 42 years ago.

Where did it go wrong. Coup d'etat should have never happened. And siad made mistakes that led to the civil war. He should have stepped down when he saw people didnt want him anymore as a president. What a mess we are in today. He. should have never taken power by force.

Last edited:
Where did it go wrong. Coup d'etat should have never happened. And siad made mistakes that led to the civil war. He should have stepped down when he saw people didnt want him anymore as a president. What a mess we are in today. He. should have never taken power by force.

He should've stepped down, but the biggest problem was the Ogaden war.

The biggest problem he was a dictator. He never wanted to step down no matter what , even if it was meant to be for the sake of somalia. Had there never been a coup d'etat, somalia could have been in a better situation . Even though i suspect that there could have been another coup d'etat had siad never tried to do one

But all the figure heads befor him where
The biggest problem he was a dictator. He never wanted to step down no matter what , even if it was meant to be for the sake of somalia. Had there never been a coup d'etat, somalia could have been in a better situation . Even though i suspect that there could have been another coup d'etat had siad never tried to do one

What happened has happened, but h can w restore the peace and tranquility back?

Apollo

VIP
60s, 70s, 80s of Somalia are overrated.

The country only had one decent city back then... Mogadishu. Rest of the country was extremely underdeveloped. At least the one positive that came out of the civil war was more equal development across the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.