Somalia Fishing

Somali Blue Economy: Empowering Local Fishermen​

If anyone is interesting in supporting and investing in local Somali fish economy visit this and click ''Be our supplier''

Last edited:

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
How do I get started in the fishing industry? What's the first step?
If you somali person don’t think you need license. Foreigners do though.
I think it’s tough living though because of all the foreigners using big ships. We also don’t have a lot of processing facilities and ways to export excess not consumed by us

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
If you somali person don’t think you need license. Foreigners do though.
I think it’s tough living though because of all the foreigners using big ships. We also don’t have a lot of processing facilities and ways to export excess not consumed by us
So there's no way basically.

How do I get started in the fishing industry? What's the first step?

A first step is to go to this ---> https://somaliblueeconomy.com/

Somali Blue Economy (SoBe) Inc. is a leading company in the fishing industry that works with small-scale fisheries, artisanal fishing processors, and skilled workers who receive our training programs.

It's specifically set up for Diaspora that are interested in getting into the Somali fishing industry.

They have new processors with access to global markets and both the domestic or foreign trawlers won't do much because they are kept at bay.

Somalia bans fishing trawlers from its waters​

Somalia has banned fishing trawlers from fetching fish in its territorial seas, part of a new effort to stop overexploitation of the fishes in the Indian Ocean.

The Ministry of Fisheries and Blue Economy in a circular dated April 6 said vessels will no longer be permitted to pull trawlers, a deep-sea indiscriminate fishing instrument that some critics say nets even the unwanted species and hence deplete the maritime wildlife.

“The Ministry notifies all fishing companies and vessels in Somali waters a crucial regulation outlined in the Somali Federal Fishery law, specifically in article 31… trawling activities within the Somali Federal territorial waters are strictly prohibited,” the circular says.

“Any violations of this regulation may result in fines, imprisonment, confiscation of fish products acquired, and confiscation of equipment for trawling.”

Last edited: