Somalia has new Head of Olympic Committee

The old president (Tarabi) had to go. He has been in charge since 2013, 3 Olympic cycles and still has not produced 1 athlete that has achieved entry for the Games through qualification standards. The fact that he’s out the door is a net positive regardless of whoever comes next.

Chairman: Ahmed Abdi Hassan Wataac (Tarabi’s previous deputy)

Deputy Chairman: Duran Ahmed Faarax (previous minister of aviation)

2nd Deputy Chairman: Cabdixakiin Hassan Idow (name sounds awfully close to current athlete of Somalia and Olympic competitor, Ali Hassan Idow….)

3rd Deputy Chairman: Amina Badri Khalif

General Secretary: Maxamed Cabdow Xaaji (only one to get re-elected. Only Allah knows what he does in this job)

This shit sounding like a HAG convention

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
It doesn't matter who comes after because the whole government system is corrupt, unless it's dismantled and replaced nothing changes.

That guy will probably send an obese person with a cheese burger in his hand or a crippled relative to compete.

It doesn't matter who comes after because the whole government system is corrupt, unless it's dismantled and replaced nothing changes.

That guy will probably send an obese person with a cheese burger in his hand or a crippled relative to compete.
It’s only annoying because there’s genuine talent that is being wasted. We’re losing out on medals due to this, I wouldn’t even call it incompetency it’s just straight self-sabotage.

Somalis should easily win long-distance, long jump and those types of sports. But here we are, sending damiir laaweyaal to shame us in public, and set new world records in being the worst.

I'll never forgive Culusow's regime for humilating Somalia on the world-stage. He and his group have this level of shamelessness that has not been seen in the world. They make other African corrupt leaders look dignified.

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
It’s only annoying because there’s genuine talent that is being wasted. We’re losing out on medals due to this, I wouldn’t even call it incompetency it’s just straight self-sabotage.

They are not only talented but also hard working and trained for many years, imagine that they could go somewhere else but they sacrifice to represent their country they love only to be met with discrimination.

It's very enraging to think about, i really feel for them.

Somalis should easily win long-distance, long jump and those types of sports. But here we are, sending damiir laaweyaal to shame us in public, and set new world records in being the worst.

I'll never forgive Culusow's regime for humilating Somalia on the world-stage. He and his group have this level of shamelessness that has not been seen in the world. They make other African corrupt leaders look dignified.

Even middle distance (Both Ayaanle Djibouti olympic gold medalist and Abdi Bile) and short distance (someone shared on here a Somali sprint champion it don't remember his name.).

Basketball as well, Somalis in the 80s competed and hosted the FIBA African championships and won bronze medal, in their first attempt.

Plenty of other sports as well, i would imagine. There is no limit to Somali potentiality if they had a good athletic program.

I don't think there is anything humiliating , people found the obese girl running comical. I still can't comprehend how that even happened.

They fired Khadjia Dahir (old athletics president) for bringing her niece who embarrassed us. But they kept everyone else.

The guy who officially signed off on Nasra running last year lives in the USA, and the new athletics president lives in Sweden. How is this possible? New president has no sporting background or management skills either.

I just don’t understand why they are so against giving the job to someone like Bile? Stealing government money is one thing but Olympic aid money is just sad, you’re stealing people’s dreams.

They fired Khadjia Dahir (old athletics president) for bringing her niece who embarrassed us. But they kept everyone else.

The guy who officially signed off on Nasra running last year lives in the USA, and the new athletics president lives in Sweden. How is this possible? New president has no sporting background or management skills either.

I just don’t understand why they are so against giving the job to someone like Bile? Stealing government money is one thing but Olympic aid money is just sad, you’re stealing people’s dreams.
I remember when They stopped a medal winning brother from running in this years olympics even though he was the most talented

Last edited:

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Before:
1729858532137.jpeg

After:
1729858649485.jpeg

I wont be expecting anything from this new guy, he is the same as the rest of our corrupt leaders and government members.

I remember when They stopped a medal winning brother from running in this years olympics even though he was the most talented
It was more sabotage than not letting him run. Abdullahi Jama came 2nd in African Games, the guy who beat him by 2-3 seconds ran the 2nd fastest time *ever* 2 months later in Europe.

That’s where the issue lies, they don’t help him out with documentation to run in Europe, that’s where all the fast races are, and where he could have hit the qualifying standard. They didn’t hesitate to let Ali Idow run though, that guy gets to compete at every major meet and he never has any success.

He clearly agrees

Trending

Latest posts