Somalis genetically closer to the Arabs than black.

Nin123

The most misunderstood man in here.
VIP
Zero response
Sad Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

No we are not.

60% Sub Saharan DNA on average.

And if there is further confusion, look in the mirror. If you are still confused after the mirror consultation, look at your family members. Wali ma shaki baa kuugu jira? Orad Somalia aad, and look at the average skintone.
I apologize, but I live in an Arab country, and apart from my skin tone, my features are similar to those of the Arabs. People assume I'm Arab daily, and I'm tired of explaining that I'm not. I also frequently see mixed black Arab and white Arab people who look Somali. We are definitely in denial about our Arab mix. At some point, Arabs came to Somalia, and there was intermixing. Everything from food to uunsi to dressing is so similar that it would be blind to think we're not somehow linked. Don’t forget love of camels and nomadic Bedouin culture as well. Somalis have an inferiority complex, and saying we're closer to Arabs doesn't take anything away from our Somaliness. In fact, many Arab communities, like those in Mauritania and Morocco, have an Arab identity that is not so dominant but still present. On the other hand, you want to identify with the Bantu, with whom there is no cultural or genetic connection, unlike the connections we have with Arabs.

In the Khaleeji country where I live, Somalis integrate so well with the locals that, when they grow up here, you can't tell if they're from this country or if they're foreign. However, if an Indian or even an Egyptian grows up here, it's evident that they're not true locals. For Somalis, the resemblance is uncanny, and I believe this is due to genetic similarities.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
I apologize, but I live in an Arab country, and apart from my skin tone, my features are similar to those of the Arabs. People assume I'm Arab daily, and I'm tired of explaining that I'm not. I also frequently see mixed black Arab and white Arab people who look Somali. We are definitely in denial about our Arab mix. At some point, Arabs came to Somalia, and there was intermixing. Everything from food to uunsi to dressing is so similar that it would be blind to think we're not somehow linked. Don’t forget love of camels and nomadic Bedouin culture as well. Somalis have an inferiority complex, and saying we're closer to Arabs doesn't take anything away from our Somaliness. In fact, many Arab communities, like those in Mauritania and Morocco, have an Arab identity that is not so dominant but still present. On the other hand, you want to identify with the Bantu, with whom there is no cultural or genetic connection, unlike the connections we have with Arabs.

In the Khaleeji country where I live, Somalis integrate so well with the locals that, when they grow up here, you can't tell if they're from this country or if they're foreign. However, if an Indian or even an Egyptian grows up here, it's evident that they're not true locals. For Somalis, the resemblance is uncanny, and I believe this is due to genetic similarities.

β€œWe are definitely in denial about our Arab mix”

You believe in those banu hashim theory don’t you?

Angry American Idol GIF

Nin123

The most misunderstood man in here.
VIP
β€œWe are definitely in denial about our Arab mix”

You believe in those banu hashim theory don’t you?

Angry American Idol GIF
No we are not from banu hashime definitely but we are from ancient Canaanite or lost tribe of the 12 Israel tribes mixed with indigenous East African.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
Nothing special about Arabs, all of their countries are poor and/or under western domination.

Of course Somalis would be relayed to Arabs we both come from Afro Asiatic but we're also related to the Hausa people of Nigeria why don't you bring that up?
afro-asiatic-2557 (1).jpg

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement, T-Y16897 Arabi

Somali Banu Cushite integrating better then Egyptians kkkk even as an Ana Arab myself this is hilarious

Trending