Somalis genetically closer to the Arabs than black.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
How come when i did DNA testin in 23andme- it didn't say arab? I had South Indian and Ethiopian in my DNA

If we focused on development, infrastructure, healthcare and fixing the nation we could actually get somewhere.

GET TO WORK!

Leave the identity convos to geneticists and let's go.

I apologize, but I live in an Arab country, and apart from my skin tone, my features are similar to those of the Arabs. People assume I'm Arab daily, and I'm tired of explaining that I'm not. I also frequently see mixed black Arab and white Arab people who look Somali. We are definitely in denial about our Arab mix. At some point, Arabs came to Somalia, and there was intermixing. Everything from food to uunsi to dressing is so similar that it would be blind to think we're not somehow linked. Don’t forget love of camels and nomadic Bedouin culture as well. Somalis have an inferiority complex, and saying we're closer to Arabs doesn't take anything away from our Somaliness. In fact, many Arab communities, like those in Mauritania and Morocco, have an Arab identity that is not so dominant but still present. On the other hand, you want to identify with the Bantu, with whom there is no cultural or genetic connection, unlike the connections we have with Arabs.

In the Khaleeji country where I live, Somalis integrate so well with the locals that, when they grow up here, you can't tell if they're from this country or if they're foreign. However, if an Indian or even an Egyptian grows up here, it's evident that they're not true locals. For Somalis, the resemblance is uncanny, and I believe this is due to genetic similarities.
How are the Somalis treated in the gulf countries

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No, you’re very close to Tutsi Burundi’s who are in fact Bantus but with Cushitic blood. So are they not black as well? Many Bantu Kenyans have Cushitic ancestors as well. Also, you’re not closer to a
Actual definition on who's Arab isn't based on ethnicity or skin tone early Arab nationalist pioneers that emerged from levant weren't all "Arabs arabs" but Turks or Circassia's that called for unified Arab state. And Arabic used be the official lingua franca of Somalis wheber an outsider would come to us he would have to communicate with us in Arabic language that's how the Brits and the Italians used to do it as our language wasn't written one and we had an educated class that spoke in one the major languages in the world.
its based on speaking Arabic for generations. People of the Levent speak Arabic as a first language.

A language being the lingua Franca when dealing with outsiders doesn’t make you part of ethnic group. In the past at least 90% of Somalis couldn’t speak Arabic. Why? Because it wasn’t their language.

How can you claim to be part of an ethnic group when a least 90% don’t speak the language? I never spoke about ethnicity hence comparing Somalis to the levent is misguided. People of the levent ALL speak Arabic. That’s their mother tongue.

Keo

VIP
I've been in too many Discord/Twitter spaces to understand these Arabs view us (Somalis) as subhumans, if there's gonna be a race war, wallahi I'm fighting for the Madows & SSA, and that's coming from someone who's been constantly mistaken as mixed Arab by Somalis his whole life.
You are out of your fucking mind
:mjlol:
Clearly, you haven't been around the madow spaces

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Didn't you say "landers" have higher "eurasian" content than the south. Very suspicious.
We are a different ethnic group. We have completely separate paternal lineages and Somalilanders on average have have higher Eurasian ancestry. We don’t speak the same language, nor do we have the same culture and that is evident in your lack of stability and inability to govern yourselves for 3 decades.

If Croatians and Serbians can be classed as different, the Isaaq and Gadabuursi should be classed as a different ethnic group from the rest of you savages.

Feelings of inadequacy strikes again. I don’t care for race politics, don’t believe in the concept of race and If a Somali doesn’t want to see themselves as ‘black’ that’s on them but without fail, Somalis that scream publicly about not being ‘black’ 9/10 times have an inferiority complex. I’ve said this in another thread and I’ll say it again, this is purely about the image of blackness in the world we inhabit. If black people were hailed in high esteem, these unhinged people that yap on about not being black would say they’re black and proudly so. This is about their fragility with regards to the Somali identity. Thats why they go on about being closely related to other groups like NA and Western Asians since in their minds they have a better reputation and are seen as more civilized.

To carry on about their talks of being closely related to non black groups. The same people who have issues with blackness love to illustrate a connection to Arabs and Western Asians despite that only being 40-50% of their DNA whilst at least a whopping 60% of their DNA is SSA and their skin color is very dark like everyone in SSA.

I don’t care for madow unity and see Somalis as distinct from most other madow groups, but I say things how I see them. Many of them say dumb stuff like ‘our culture is different’. Since when do all of SSA have the same culture? Then they say racist stuff like ‘We don’t have the cultural disfunctions they have nor as we gaal! !’ Again since when do all black people have single parent homes, Zina, low educational attainment and since when are all madows gaal? At this point I’m going to assume you’re low IQ and many of their takes comes from a place of being incredibly uneducated when it comes to the world around them. You hardly see well adjusted people talking this way, it’s usually the low achieving incels, redpillers and just the overall idiots in our community who feel the need to go public with their ignorance. I’m not saying that you need to think of your self as ‘black’, I don’t even believe in race theory tbh but I simply accept that in the Western world WE migrated to, blackness is seen as someone of SSA origin whose people have dark skin. Going on about differences in culture makes you look like a fool. A whole continent of dark skin people of SSA origin aren’t obviously going to have the same culture. Black people have never been a monolith or homogeneous and viewing it in that way is deffo a white supremacist world paradigm.
Well said Angelina. Folks are looking for glory and honour; they deny they're"Black" some others even deny being Somali.

Araabi

Awdalite
I've never understood this incessant avoidance of our own visible identity. We are black to the whole world. Now we may not necessarily have to use that as part of our identification process but that doesn't change that we are black due to our genetic makeup and features. Most people in Somalia look like straight up dhuxul.

Trending