Somalis Mentioned

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP

Starts at 7 minutes, by Armchair Historian.

Just the same old same old, he does portray the situation well though and dosen't label us as barbaric. Just people who were pissed at foreign fishers which is true.

But there's one thing he said I don't understand, He says coastal communities started after the drought in the 70s. Is this true? I thought somalis always lived by the sea, not just because their livestock died and they needed fish for food..

Khaemwaset

Frรผher of the Djibouti Ugaasate ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ
VIP

Just the same old same old, he does portray the situation well though and dosen't label us as barbaric. Just people who were pissed at foreign fishers which is true.

But there's one thing he said I don't understand, He says coastal communities started after the drought in the 70s. Is this true? I thought somalis always lived by the sea, not just because their livestock died and they needed fish for food..
If somalis didn't live at the coast where did all the cities come from?

Wait, m-m-muh ayrabs
adult swim GIF by The Boondocks

Wonyluvr

Entitled uppity East African
VIP

Wait, m-m-muh ayrabs
There was a relocation programme where some people got sent to the coast and others sent to farms after a drought

CABDULWALI XASAN.

VIP

Wait, m-m-muh ayrabs
Yes theres plenty of research that we have but its not being published as actual research. Just look at wikipedia is fully ethiopian controlled. What does all the research mean on here if they dont see it? Thats why I dont like having sourcless document photos. We could go onto wikipedia and actually list it as a source, but they wont just take a link.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Yes theres plenty of research that we have but its not being published as actual research. Just look at wikipedia is fully ethiopian controlled. What does all the research mean on here if they dont see it? Thats why I dont like having sourcless document photos. We could go onto wikipedia and actually list it as a source, but they wont just take a link.
I have a thread where I made an etymology section for Harar. Linking it to a Somali tree with the exact same name. Sourced and everything. But 2 ethiopians kept changing it every time I updated it. Within 2 hours it would be changed. Sometimes I'd edit the page just to refresh jt and see it removed.

Had to quit eventually otherwise I'd get IP banned for edit warring

CABDULWALI XASAN.

VIP
I have a thread where I made an etymology section for Harar. Linking it to a Somali tree with the exact same name. Sourced and everything. But 2 ethiopians kept changing it every time I updated it. Within 2 hours it would be changed. Sometimes I'd edit the page just to refresh jt and see it removed.

Had to quit eventually otherwise I'd get IP banned for edit warring
Interesting, Ill look at it. You could easily report them for sock puppeting because its probably 1 person whos doing that.

Edit: the edit page on the wikipedia is crazy The amount of edit wars fully unregulated usually they would put some restrictions https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Harar&action=history
Gonna check out the talk page
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
\

Last edited:

Khaemwaset

VIP
Interesting, Ill look at it. You could easily report them for sock puppeting because its probably 1 person whos doing that.

Edit: the edit page on the wikipedia is crazy The amount of edit wars fully unregulated usually they would put some restrictions https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Harar&action=history
Gonna check out the talk page
\
Yeah I am

The Ethiopian dude is in America and he's been active on these history pages for a decade or more.

Trending

Latest posts