Somalis vs Eritreans in Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most are nice people, worst you'll find is the scared grandma/grandpa or the redneck

Only person I ever hit forreal4real was a redneck:banderas:

Damn... I will be there for New Years insha'Allah so will be checking it out.

Ok so it's like the same in London.. The elderly white are fearful and you get a few old racist ones

Ghetto culture is the most popular youth culture in the world .i was surprised to see fellows praying salat with tupac shirts in Somali towns and villages

Anyone with sub Saharan African roots.
Why didn't that exist until after African Americans popularized black? Before that subsaharan Africa or Africa for that matter was viewed as a generally diverse area.

White people are called white not because the fact that they're "above the Mediterranean" f.ex. but because they created that term for themselves. Like how they and other outsiders of Africa created the term Black/Negroid/Bushmen for West, Central, South and parts of Eastern Africa. Meanwhile these same outsiders gave us a distinct name different than the blacks like Berber, Moor and ultimately Somali. They did the same for the Galla/Oromo, the Habesha and North Africans.

Most scandivans I've come across have a similar British accent although you can tell their not british I think their accents are cute

I think the newish immigrants who haven't been there long adopt the American accent same for some in England hahahahahaha

It's so strange

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Why didn't that exist until after African Americans popularized black? Before that subsaharan Africa or Africa for that matter was viewed as a generally diverse area.

White people are called white not because the fact that they're "above the Mediterranean" f.ex. but because they created that term for themselves. Like how they and other outsiders of Africa created the term Black/Negroid/Bushmen for West, Central, South and parts of Eastern Africa. Meanwhile these same outsiders gave us a distinct name different than the blacks like Berber, Moor and ultimately Somali. They did the same for the Galla/Oromo, the Habesha and North Africans.
I agree but trying to explain this to the average becky would just be hell.

Especially considering the fact that Somalis don't look less black than Obama (who has just as much white in him), Beyonce, Rihanna who are all considered to be black figures.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I tell white people I'm Somali.
I do to, but the first impression they get when they see me is that I'm "black". They just see Somali as a variation of Black.

It's weird because the term (black) pretty much extends to anyone and even to my berber friends who have yellow skin because they got afros.

Wallahi my optometrist said I have the best vision he has ever seen in his many years of practice and he was Jewish.

I said they may have Somali roots and it makes sense since they border us

FYI: Somalis are black. If Eritreans are black, then of course Somalis are 100 fold.
We are not black we are Somali.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

Race as a concept is relatively new that's why. Before that you had individual groups and nations championing their own people. Some murdering the f*ck outta each other and even warring with people who were relatively close to them genetically. Globalization changed most of that.

For instance they pretty much put most nilotic people into that negroid group even though some are about as unique a group of people as you can have.

The nomenclature clearly changed over time to just mean people of African descent. Which realistically speaking is like...perfectly fine. African is the only terminology in genetics with widespread relevancy, so having "black" mean the descendants of that continent is more flimsy than something offensive.

Most Africans simply represent themselves, so their similarities beyond that are always smaller than other "races". To put it more bluntly; black has no abstract meaning beyond that and the oldest definition for it is essentially dying. And it's too intrinsically linked to other terms to be overall meaningless.

Personally I say I'm Somali first and African Canadian second (because some people truly don't know where it even is on a map).

And yeah like @LondonMo I got enough berbers and Egyptians here who just slot themselves into the black category because it's just a residual of African. They don't need to say shit beyond that because they already come as their individual ethnicity.

The reality is black is the only slot in the race game with actual complexity to it and eternal relevancy in genetic literature. Like it's literally too different from asian, white and others.

Overall I will say African is a more important word than black. Infinitely more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.