Some Somalis are being paid by someone or some organization to express certain views online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not talking about Qatar and Turkish money that gets its way into the political process but on Somali websites or Somali TV.

No I am not one of those people if you are wondering that.

I won't say anything more for fear of my safety but it's 110% true.

It's not a sophisticated operation but it's happening

Five Core Principles of Journalism

Truth and Accuracy

Independence

Fairness and Impartiality

Humanity

Accountability

Unethical Somali journalism is a cancer to development.

...This is another example of why in Singapore people go missing
if they don't hold these principles.

I'm not entirely sure of this in the Somali community, however I have noticed that there are influential accounts (on twitter), that sway a lot of public opinion. And some of them are faceless.

Now, anyone who disagrees with radical far left views, holds their tongue in fear of attack. These accounts have managed to alter majority of urban twitter's views and has trickled down to Somali twitter.

In all honesty, I think the saddest thing is, these Somalis are not being paid. They are sheep to the one's actually being rewarded. Somali labour is free.

That's true. but the Arab are not paying Somalis online because they already made Somalis to think that they are Arab people, the agenda is done by former enemy to normalize the relations. The Iran and Israel have "the agenda" to Arab countries and was proved many times by finding certain newspapers and journalists being on pay rolls. Ethiopians are doing the same to Somalis(I can bring Ethiopian articles that are talking about ways to brainwash Somalis new generation)

IMG_6243.jpg
IMG_6244.jpg
IMG_6245.jpg

@AbdiJohnson

I tell you how it works because I have had the same done to me a few times, they sent me a link back in somnet and on my blog, it's like a form they want you to fill out and then go for a skype chat, I know a dude they did this too, he met up with them afterwards and they recruited him as a propagandist.

In my case I was writing so much damaging materials on the UAE threat in Somalia then through scripting send it out to a list of all the Somali websites I have collected, hence I interpreted this as them trying to get to me, they tried again this time posing as Turkish (since I write a lot of Pro Turkey stuff)

This was followed by several exploit type attacks I saw in the logs, I have since switched to a VDI solution running from a blade server somewhere in a DC behind virtual Palo Alto Firewalls were I VPN too. It was scary stuff.

@AbdiJohnson

I tell you how it works because I have had the same done to me a few times, they sent me a link back in somnet and on my blog, it's like a form they want you to fill out and then go for a skype chat, I know a dude they did this too, he met up with them afterwards and they recruited him as a propagandist.

In my case I was writing so much damaging materials on the UAE threat in Somalia then through scripting send it out to a list of all the Somali websites I have collected, hence I interpreted this as them trying to get to me, they tried again this time posing as Turkish (since I write a lot of Pro Turkey stuff)

This was followed by several exploit type attacks I saw in the logs, I have since switched to a VDI solution running from a blade server somewhere in a DC behind virtual Palo Alto Firewalls were I VPN too. It was scary stuff.

You're joking

Who is they?

likely UAE contact.

The whole point of this topic is that many governments in this world recruit people all over for PR, he is focusing on Qatar and Turkey only which is a tad suspicious because they are the most PRO Somali unlike UAE and Ethiopia who also pay money but for nefarious reasons which he choose to ignore

@AbdiJohnson you got some explaining to do her buddy. :bell:

Status
Not open for further replies.