Suicidal tendencies: fantasy or reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambar

VIP
There are those who commit suicide & those who don't. But what about those of us who contemplate it on a daily basis, yet have no intention to actually go through with it. I fantasize about overdosing, train tracks, leaping off of a tall building, but i'd never do it. How does one differentiate those at risk & those who fantasize about it?
It is called suicide ideation and those who are preoccupied with thoughts of suicide usually don't commit it. With therapy it can be helped and overcome.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
One time I was driving on the freeway and thought to myself if I hit that divider I won't have to take this exam

:patrice:

Another time I was really blown and wanted to scare one of my less experienced friends so I walked up the stairs and loudly yelled I think I'm gonna throw myself off this . Then I started wondering what that would feel like

Your low iman is because you have abandoned your salah. How do you expect to have a strong faith in Allah when you left the main thing that keeps your iman in tact? It's impossible.

The fact that you fantasize about suicide isn't OK just because you won't commit the act. What is so intriguing about ending your life that you dream about it? It means that your chance of repenting is over, you will be questioned in the grave, face Allah, and have to answer to Allah for taking your life! What exactly is worth fascinating over?
Chill dude, the girl is obviously looking for advice don't be so harsh on her.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Don't be so hard on yourself and take one day at a time. Appreciate what you have accomplished so far this year and generally in life. No one can 'fix' their life in a month. Life is hard and overwhelming sometimes I suspect that's why you dream to end it.

If possible gets some friends or new ones who can inspire you to have a different outlook on life.

One time I was driving on the freeway and thought to myself if I hit that divider I won't have to take this exam

Another time I was really blown and wanted to scare one of my less experienced friends so I walked up the stairs and loudly yelled I think I'm gonna throw myself off this . Then I started wondering what that would feel like

SuicideSpot :dwill:

@CanadianQueen a lot of people don't know that vitamin d deficiency causes serious mental problems. I've only known it for about a year now. Many studies have been done on this. Please get yours checked. You will need a blood test from your gp.

As for spirituality, i find when I play surah baqarah in the house it really brings tranquility & soothes my soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.