Superiority of Arabs? :Ivers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
This man explains it perfectly and exposes Salafis who claim that the superiority of Arabs is the "position of ahlul Sunnah". In reality this belief has no basis in Islam.

Watch till 11:00.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
I'll agree that superiority of Arabs is nowhere to be found in Islamic theology. However, I think many of them base it off of the "chosen people" idea that the prophet has spoken about. I'm guessing it's in the Quran but I'm not certain.

I'll agree that superiority of Arabs is nowhere to be found in Islamic theology. However, I think many of them base it off of the "chosen people" idea that the prophet has spoken about. I'm guessing it's in the Quran but I'm not certain.
Nah, there's nothing like that in the Qur'an or Sunnah. In fact, the Qur'an opposes this. This is a fairly recent phenomenon and there's one hadith in Sahih Muslim that people misinterpret to prove their point.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Nah, there's nothing like that in the Qur'an or Sunnah. In fact, the Qur'an opposes this. This is a fairly recent phenomenon and there's one hadith in Sahih Muslim that people misinterpret to prove their point.

Are you telling me there's no mention anywhere within the Quran or sunnah of Arabs being "the chosen people?"

Are you telling me there's no mention anywhere within the Quran or sunnah of Arabs being "the chosen people?"
Like I said, this one hadith that people quote out of context:

Wathila ibn Al-Asqa’ reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, saying, “Verily, Allah has chosen Kinana from the sons of Ishmael, and He has chosen the Quraish from Kinana, and He has chosen the tribe of Hashim from the Quraish, and He has chosen me from the tribe of Hashim.”

Source: Sahih Muslim 2276

The Prophet (SAW) who belonged to these families was chosen for Prophethood. What else is he chosen for? This doesn't mean that Arabs are "superior" or "chosen" by Allah (SWT). If people try to distort the meaning to mean overall superiority, then this would oppose the Qur'an.

Also another hadith to prove my point:

"...An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black, nor a black has any superiority over a white- except by piety." This is an excerpt from the final sermon of the Prophet (SAW), the hadith is in Tirmidhi.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
"...An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black, nor a black has any superiority over a white- except by piety." This is an excerpt from the final sermon of the Prophet (SAW), the hadith is in Tirmidhi.
Welp, was just going to drop that. You beat me to it.

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
The reason why Allah chose the prophet to come from the Arabs is because they were the barbarians of that time. I mean they had a wrap sheet of idol worshipping, burying their infant daughters, arrogance and ignorance that was out of this world.
I can go on and on.
Other than that there is nothing special about them except that the prophet and majority of sahabas are from them.

After all some races are superior to others like say Arabs, they come from a noble lineage Abraham, Ishmael, Muhammad Peace be upon them.

Lineage is just like wealth, status, power, etc. it makes one more respected and elevates their status in this world but it has no effect on the next. Arabs have the most wordly status in regards to their lineage and race. It's human nature to respect a person of noble descent, or a person with wealth and status or even beauty. Thus those who possess the aforementioned characteristics have more wordly status.

Someone should tell these two

Last edited:

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
This man explains it perfectly and exposes Salafis who claim that the superiority of Arabs is the "position of ahlul Sunnah". In reality this belief has no basis in Islam.

Watch till 11:00.
Waryaa this little nikka needs a reality check.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Why are people obsessed with arabs? They're not superior to anyone and Islam isn't their religion , its Allahs'. :camby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending