Supporting oppressed people = booty clapping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merca

Inactive.
I've been thinking how come when you wish for Palestine's freedom, you're called out for loving Arabs and being an "Arab booty clapper"(this term is hilarious btw)? I mean just because you pray for a people who happen to be Arabs, it doesn't mean in any way that you're an Arab booty clapper or someone who sucks up to them. Well, there are some who do that and that's wrong.

May Allah help the people in Burma, CAR, Ogaden, Palestine, Syria and more. :it0tdo8:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I think the narrative is our people suffer tremendously as is and most people who champion "free Palestine!" wouldn't send money to drought victims in Somalia.

You can absolutely compartmentalize your prayers and hope everyone is doing well. But personally I think the focus should always shift back to your aunts uncles and cousins back home.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
That's because a lot of those here are non Muslims that hate Arabs and Islam. Ignore them.

I hope and pray for the well being of all Muslim communities.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
250,000 Somalis are about to starve to death in a few weeks.

f*ck Palestine.

Merca

Inactive.
I think the narrative is our people suffer tremendously as is and most people who champion "free Palestine!" wouldn't send money to drought victims in Somalia.

You can absolutely compartmentalize your prayers and hope everyone is doing well. But personally I think the focus should always shift back to your aunts uncles and cousins back home.
That's true, but I meant saying prayers and such. I do believe though, that charity starts at home.

Only time muslims worry about oppression is when arabs go through it....
Oh come on don't start this bullshit when Somalia was in civil war all masjids prayed for Somalia and when there was a drought in Somalia the biggest mosque in Egypt raised money for Somalia

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
It's not supporting Israel, I just don't care about the Middle East when my people are starving. Gaza is 10000X better off than Somalia.
I believe all our financial efforts should be directed to Somalia and not to any other country, but I hope for justice in the Middle East, or the world for that matter.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
f*ck the sympathy olympics. u should have sympathy for all ppl suffering, but should give precedence to your own if they are as well. this shit aint rocket science guys

i support palestine and their struggle, but you'll have to forgive me if i focus my efforts on my cousins who are literally about to starve to death

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
If they're not selling their punani to jihadists in Syria, they're making a fuss about a Palestinian getting a paper cut! :meleshame::snoop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts