/syl/ - Somali Youth Laboratory (2024)

neIA1wV.jpeg

The SYL discord server will act as our internal communication hub, only SYL members can access it.

There is also a corresponding Github repository called syl_2024, which is set to public and with a MIT license (this can be changed if others want to).

As I stated before, real accounts are optional, I have opted for anonymity across all platforms, my Github account is abdi693.

This thread will server as the SSpot front for our group, where we may share/showcase our projects, abandoned or completed. Of course, SomaliSpot members can also participate in this thread.

I suspect things will be disorganised and spotty for 2024, so we just need to iron out a few things here and there, such as coming up with rules and accepted conduct, inshaallah we will figure these out.

For those that expressed interest in the thread Anyone interested in a weekly Somali programming meetup group?, the server invite link is:

(replace "k" with 'c')

Strange, why did u name it after syl. and why do you need to think of rules and conducts?
I thought it would be a funny name. that also has potential, I would like this to be as regular an event as the SSpot chess events. Needs alot of investment and promotion though.

why do you need to think of rules and conducts?
Things like this have a tendency to devolve, so some rules like "no **rnography" or "men only" go a long way, there is still an emphasis on "non-PC Somali culture".

I was upfront about this anyways, when I created that thread in the man cave section
(Sisters are of course welcome to organise their own one)

Trending

Latest posts