Teacher Fired After She Refused To Address Transgender Girl As A Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
In Canada starting this September they already introduced changes to the Ontario curriculum force feedin these ideas to kids about transgenderism and homosexuality. Its a real sickness spread by liberals that is spreading like wildfire, I won't be surprised if the third generation Somalis have a significant amount of queers:vqbuyv0:

By es, you mean abdijohnson right? Because what he wrote is not true. OHIP doesn't even cover eye exams. He just wrote down a bunch of nonsense.
Routine eye examinations provided by either an optometrist or physician, for patients aged 20 to 64, are not covered by OHIP. These individuals are responsible for payment for these examinations or have the cost covered by private insurance.

However, under the Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS), persons receiving assistance through the Ontario Disability Support Program, Ontario Works, or the Family Benefits Program will receive coverage for routine eye examinations once every two years. If you have any questions about the coverage provided under these programs, please call Client Services at MCSS at 1 888 789-4199 (toll free) or 416 325-5666 (Toronto) or 1 800 387-5559 (TTY).
  • Insured persons aged 20 to 64 years with specified medical conditions affecting the eye can receive an OHIP insured regular eye examination once every 12 months.
    • Insured persons aged 20 to 64 with any of the following conditions can go directly to their optometrist or physician to receive an OHIP insured eye examination: diabetes mellitus, glaucoma, cataract, retinal disease, amblyopia, visual field defects, corneal disease, strabismus, recurrent uveitis or optic pathway disease.
    • Insured persons aged 20 to 64 who have certain medical conditions not listed above may also be covered for regular eye examinations. They should discuss this with their primary health care provider.

Gender identity is more pressing and important than your dental care. I am not sure how they can be compared. There is dental and vision care insurance available with your employer or university/college paying 80-100% of costs. I went to the dentist a few months ago and they have direct billing so you don't pay a dime.

I'm glad that teacher was fired. She's a bigot.

Stop your trolling. There's no evidence that mutilating yourself will lead to any health benefits.

Transsexuals who go through that surgery still suffer high suicide rates even AFTER their surgery. So what are you talking about?

By es, you mean abdijohnson right? Because what he wrote is not true. OHIP doesn't even cover eye exams. He just wrote down a bunch of nonsense.

Whether or not you think you know more than the vast majority of psychiatric and pyschological experts who deem the procedure medically necessary, comparing a $50 exam that isnt exactly necessar to major surgery is absurd.

AJ is just stating that if you have a medical need for eye exams it will be covered. So @Sultana was being deliberately misleading, but then again she's preaching to the choir.

Now, if you believe dental and vision should be covered then thats a separate debate and something you should protest for rather than pouting.

Sultana

On Hiatus
I'm not being misleading, I live in Ontario. But yeah, prescription drugs aren't covered under OHIP (and the Ontario Drug Benefit is only available to the disabled or those on welfare), but a not medically necessary surgery is covered?

I'm not being misleading, I live in Ontario. But yeah, prescription drugs aren't covered under OHIP (and the Ontario Drug Benefit is only available to the disabled or those on welfare), but a not medically necessary surgery is covered?

Keep your personal opinion out of it. Do some research on what constitutes a medical need.

Also, free prescription drugs for all is a rarity in the developed world.

Sultana

On Hiatus
To be honest, I do agree that their counselling sessions should be subsidized especially because a lot of transgendered people do have a lot of mental health issues combined with the fact that they're discriminated against in terms of job opportunities, and therefore, a lot of them are poor. However, I don't agree that transitioning should be completely paid for by the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.