the concept of blackness and being a coon

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO what?

Arab isn't a race, true Arabs are Bedouins of Southern Arabia. Levant people (Lebanon, Syria, etc) are non-Arab with some Bedouin (true Arab) ancestry, just like how a BLACK person can have Bedouin ancestry.
Well I do agree the levant is full of none arabs just like we have some none ethnic Somalis in Somalia ie Bantus and Shaanshis or even the half Madow Somalis in the west:birdman:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Arab isn't a race though
It's more of a pan-ethnic label.
The Levantine Arabs and some North Africans, as well as some Sudanese are pretty much close to 100% non-Arab. Yet they're still considered Arab. It's like Latinos. The classification is cultural, not ethnic.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Arab isn't a race though
Correct, it's not an official race. But, if Arab was an ethnicity, then all Arabs would have everything in common or -- Somalis, Oromos etc would be an ethnicity since they're genetically close.

Well I do agree the levant is full of none arabs just like we have some none ethnic Somalis in Somalia ie Bantus and Shaanshis or even the half Madow Somalis in the west:birdman:
Can we stop comparing ourselves to them? Our history, miscegenation patterns, racial groups, etc are not similar to the Arabian peninsula at all. You're making this more complicated than it was before.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Can we stop comparing ourselves to them? Our history, miscegenation patterns, racial groups, etc are not similar to the Arabian peninsula at all.
From my understanding, Somalis ever since they accepted Islam, they have been close with the Arabs and had major influences, so were kinda close. I don't think Somali history was written before Islam came that I know of. However, other than ultra-religious groups, I don't see any Somalis kissing Arabs asses. My family hate Arabs and consider them inferior :ftw9nwa:

Netero

Kim Jong Fun
It's becoming more and more clear to me that the black label is owned by African Americans. They are the most obsessed with it and have the most stake in it. Why? It's because for them it is not a race. For them it is an ethnicity. I already have my own so they can have black.

From my understanding, Somalis ever since they accepted Islam, they have been close with the Arabs and had major influences, so were kinda close. I don't think Somali history was written before Islam came that I know of. However, other than ultra-religious groups, I don't see any Somalis kissing Arabs asses. My family hate Arabs and consider them inferior :ftw9nwa:

This isn't about how close we are to them, but rather how he needs to stop using our history as a metaphor, it's not making it easier to understand.

they still have a weird attitude about arabs whether they kiss their ass or not lmao. look at the madmullah's comment above and you'll see what I mean. they see them as having more god-given power than them or somethingz3zrULC whether they hate them or love them

when it comes to people who have a cultural identity that transcends race and nationality, like latinos and arabs, they come in many different racial mixes but why is it that it's always the black ones that get bullied into accepting a racial identity. :cosbyhmm: sudanese arabs and dominicans get called coons while their white skinned counterparts don't identify with europeans and aren't expected to even though they have substantial ancestry from them.

this is not a topic about who's black and what it means so please don't go there :whoa: this is about why black is ostracized from every community
is this about "coonery" or who and what is considered black?

they still have a weird attitude about arabs whether they kiss their ass or not lmao. look at the madmullah's comment above and you'll see what I mean. they see them as having more god-given power than them or somethingz3zrULC whether they hate them or love them
Somali twitter has the biggest inferiority complex when it comes to Arabs. They bring Arabs up everyday & drag them for no reason. The other day when that Somali model landed a vogue cover, all I saw were tweets saying that "Arabs could never." Instead of celebrating Somali success, you're out here bringing up Arabs into this? :ftw9nwa:
When Somalis/Black Muslims get hurt/injured, they cry on twitter about how their Arab masters aren't giving attention to it, about how it's so hard to be "black and muslim" and ignored from both sides. When will yall realise that nobody (besides us) gives a f*ck about people who don't belong to their ethnic group? Instead of crying about how yall campaign for Palestine and they don't do the same for you, STOP CAMPAIGNING FOR PALESTINE LMAO.
The harsh reality is that suffering occurs in every corner of the world, you can't be a saviour for everyone so instead focus on your own ethnic group and allow others to focus on theirs.

This also applies to black people. We need to stop this "Pan-Africanist support all blacks" bs. A Nigerian doesn't give a f*ck about what happens in Somalia, and I don't give a f*ck about what happens in Nigeria.
To suggest that anybody with some degree of African ancestry should identify as black and fight for a unified cause is ridiculous and reeks of an inferiority complex.

:mindblown:
I keep forgetting most of y'all are not from America. The reason black is so inclusive is when slavery still existed in America the one drop rule was law.

If even one drop of negro blood could be traced back in your lineage than technically you were black. The one drop law is still prevalent all around the world today.

Status
Not open for further replies.