The Rare Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, i'm very surprised with all of you. Maybe i'm in my own bubble abit too much, but seeing how everyone on here doesn't conform to my beliefs of what somali's are, as a group, is the best thing i can think of in recent memory. And a very rare thing to be had.

So with that being said, i'd like to have this thread celebrate the rare things, and it doesn't necessarily have to be objectively rare, but rare to you, even on a subjective level.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
You're high right now coolio

I find it fascinating yet disturbing that smoking weed is the only occasion I can unlock certain parts of my brain and recollect memories buried deep within.

^ Ha, nice. Fortunately i'm not high. But if you feel that's a rarity then i gotta say that's a pretty good one.

I gotta say another rarity of mine is finding people with single minded devotions. There's things out there that i want really badly, but i don't think i've found anything i can give my all too. There's just too many things out there to distract me.

@Honey There's too many too count. Since being muslim has been a large part of my identity, but then i'm also me.
I guess to further the point of the thread, i'd say that true forgiveness is another rarity i've found in my life. There's been many instances where i've felt my mind became clouded by anger and because of it i made choices that were unfortunate. But now that i'm abit older i'm starting to see that forgiveness is a rare thing, and those who practice it even more so. I'm trying my best to be one of those people, but i get caught up in the little things sometimes. I guess that's a portion of my belief.

I agree. Forgiveness is a very rare find. Forgiving others hasn't been something i'm good at but i'm trying. Anger and grudges isn't things i want to hold onto.

@BipolarBear Yeah. I've been having some trouble with it recently, which is why it came to mind so easily.
But in the spirit of keeping the ball rolling i'd say another thing i think is rare is praise for the praiseworthy. It probably sounds strange, but it feels as though the real heroes don't receive as much praise and emulation of their actions as others do in society. So making sure we give praise to those who genuinely deserve it is important because those people give us hope. And we could use more of that right now.

Mckenzie

VIP
@Honey There's too many too count. Since being muslim has been a large part of my identity, but then i'm also me.
I guess to further the point of the thread, i'd say that true forgiveness is another rarity i've found in my life. There's been many instances where i've felt my mind became clouded by anger and because of it i made choices that were unfortunate. But now that i'm abit older i'm starting to see that forgiveness is a rare thing, and those who practice it even more so. I'm trying my best to be one of those people, but i get caught up in the little things sometimes. I guess that's a portion of my belief.

I grew up hearing the phrase "forgive and forget". Then many people rephrase it to say "forgive but never forget" but that i now believe is wrong. One can only truly forgive if they forget it too. You gotta take chances in life man

I grew up hearing the phrase "forgive and forget". Then many people rephrase it to say "forgive but never forget" but that i now believe is wrong. One can only truly forgive if they forget it too. You gotta take chances in life man
^I was actually debating with myself about this. It's a bit of a dilemma because consistently falling into the same patterns of anger and forgiveness is abit chilling. Because it's cyclical, and never ending. Anger generally brings those patterns to an end. So i'd say adhering to forgiven and never forget, would be the best thing in this scenario.

A rarity i see regularly in myself is being able to keep myself motivated enough to see a long term goal all the way to the end.

Do you get distracted or you just end up not caring enough to go on through with it?
^Almost always distracted. I've learned though and work on several things at the same time now to stop this from happening. So i just pick up where i left on somewhere else, or start anew one another project.
Btw you all know you can add in your own rarities too right? It's a thread for everyone to say what they find rare.
Recently i've been finding that it's rare for me to laugh and genuinely mean it. Wa ilka catheeyaa but i don't really mean it most of the time. I actually joined this site because @UncleMenace's antics made me laugh genuinely and heartily. So shout out to the mans. And i apologize for my somali before hand. I'm not very good at it.

Genuine empathy. In the world that we live in today, even I find It hard to show it. I feel so desensitized. I try to follow good examples by showing kindness but I don't know if that's enough.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
^Almost always distracted. I've learned though and work on several things at the same time now to stop this from happening. So i just pick up where i left on somewhere else, or start anew one another project.
Btw you all know you can add in your own rarities too right? It's a thread for everyone to say what they find rare.
Recently i've been finding that it's rare for me to laugh and genuinely mean it. Wa ilka catheeyaa but i don't really mean it most of the time. I actually joined this site because @UncleMenace's antics made me laugh genuinely and heartily. So shout out to the mans. And i apologize for my somali before hand. I'm not very good at it.

Mid kastoo waalan ba wu I sheeganayaa! Kulahaa I joined this place bc of adeero Menace. :comeon:

Adeer ma naag baad tahay amasa a neef?

Mid kastoo waalan ba wu I sheeganayaa! Kulahaa I joined this place bc of adeero Menace. :comeon:

^Neither adeero. I'm just someone who happened to think you were funny and joined because i thought the people here were interesting. You can read my first post if you want more info.

Back to the topic though.

Finding peace of mind is extremely rare to me. It's weird, that's all most people want, but there's only ever a few moments where everything seems right and where it seems like everything will be alright. Some people never really feel it. I've only felt it once, and i yearn for consistently.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I don't forgive or forget, actually that's what scares me the most about myself. I just want to see the people who done me wrong hurt to the point that I feel numb to their existence. Growing up it was a joke amongst people around me, they lightly referred me as the evil one because guess who would break a cup and line the broken glass all around the person who tried me, I would happily watch as they bled and screamed profanities. I think I'm getting better now as I got older, I just erase that person from my life to the point they question their sanity and wonder if they actually knew me.

But since Ramadan is coming inshallah, my main goal is to forgive and forget, actually just forgive and work on the forget later.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit

Nacaas you're the type of person who would start to make fun of a person if they complimented you. Embarrassing baa tahay odayahow calosha weyn leh.

waraabe

Your superior
I don't forgive or forget, actually that's what scares me the most about myself. I just want to see the people who done me wrong hurt to the point that I feel numb to their existence. Growing up it was a joke amongst people around me, they lightly referred me as the evil one because guess who would break a cup and line the broken glass all around the person who tried me, I would happily watch as they bled and screamed profanities. I think I'm getting better now as I got older, I just erase that person from my life to the point they question their sanity and wonder if they actually knew me.

But since Ramadan is coming inshallah, my main goal is to forgive and forget, actually just forgive and work on the forget later.

You are my ideal female. I hope I can find someone like you

Mckenzie

VIP

Will you ever forgive me?

Status
Not open for further replies.