The real sheikhs have spoken; the conclusion of the secret marriage debacle

Statement from the masjid that did the mediation between Zaid and the woman he messaged

BULLET POINTS OF STATEMENT:
- It was totally wrong for him to have reached out
- She should not have released the messages and should have guided him to sheikhs
- She did not lie or manipulate the texts or voicenotes or attempt to misrepresent them
-Misyar and secret marriages are totally haram. They are also harmful to society and women and if you would not accept it for your female relatives do not attempt to make others accept it.
- Refrain from messaging women
- People who do dawah need to go beyond quoting quran and hadith and must also have a code of ethics and morality and must engage in lslamic studies and Fiqh for at least several years
-Channels on YouTube that are covering this story may not have the qualifications to discuss this and should refrain from doing so
- Masjid would have preferred to not address this and wanted a quiet resolution, but it was being used to slander and bully women and this is unacceptable and severely punishable on Judgement Day and they are disappointed by the actions of some Muslim men involved in this

Full text is in spoiler
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The woman he messaged had this to say about the mediation at the masjid

GSp_p7qWkAA_HFd.jpeg

Zaid still on a roll lol, he was supposed to apologize

2024 been wild on muslim twitter. first the baby bump hijabi now this. Wild times of fitnah
Don't be shy, call it what it is.

MISOGYNY.

Simply calling it 'fitnah' does a massive disservice to Muslim sisters, since almost all of these cases involve social media da'ees using anti-woman cultural tropes from wherever they come from in the Middle East/South Asia against us.

Even the two main examples you listed involved a pregnant woman and a single mother (in this case with Zaid), two of the most vulnerable subsets of women in our ummah, but for some reason, pointing out the obviously gendered nature of this 'fitnah' makes me a man-hating liberal.

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯

MISOGYNY.

Simply calling it 'fitnah' does a massive disservice to Muslim sisters, since almost all of these cases involve social media da'ees using anti-woman cultural tropes from wherever they come from in the Middle East/South Asia against us.

Even the two main examples you listed involved a pregnant woman and a single mother (in this case with Zaid), two of the most vulnerable subsets of women in our ummah, but for some reason, pointing out the obviously gendered nature of this 'fitnah' makes me a man-hating liberal.
The brother is just tapped. No one like this is taken seriously irl, at least not in my reality

The brother is just tapped. No one like this is taken seriously irl, at least not in my reality
Thank God. I hope it stays that way, but your Gen scares me. I can’t help but feel y’all are more misogynistic than the older heads.

We didn’t have any of those dramas in the 2010s when I was young.

The anger stems from the fact that many misogynist Muslim men want to normalize misyr marriage in which they treat women like glorified side chicks. What’s funny is that many of them are Arab or from the subcontinent in which those types of marriages are seen as unacceptable and any women being part of such a marriage will be seen as and treated as a ***** but they’re fighting for it since they want to treat a class of Muslim women whom they feel don’t deserve their rights in Islam as side chicks. They would never accept this for their sisters, mothers, daughters and the list continues. Many Scholars such as Ibn Uthaymeen and Albani banned it and said it was haram due to how unethical and so at odds with the Islamic ideal of marriage.

Within Muslim marriages many misogynistic men want to categorize Muslim women as some women as proper ‘wives’ and others being like mistresses whilst screaming that ‘technically’ it’s halal. This is why I hate the UK Dawah scene. There isn’t a lot of morality or ethnics. Their view are based on Islamic loopeholes and technicalities and anyone that points that out is a filthy ‘feminist’. These are same men who contest women’s education and work whilst wanting a subsection to be ‘independent’ so that they can get responsibility free sex. If those men can get sex without strings, they’ll turn into the biggest liberals at the same time whilst wanting to force many women into a life of no reading and writing and they’ll also
talk about ‘consent’ and women having their own money and place which is why they should be side chicks. Mind you, they don’t believe in consent and free will when it comes to forcing women not to attend school or work btw. Consent is only about their ability to sleep with women for free and to keep them a secret.

All of this talk of fitnah, it is indeed but let’s be specific, it’s straight up misogyny and it’s something I’ve been talking about for years. If those imaams weren’t decent enough to come out with the truth, that single mother would have been slandered and seen as a liar for years since in our community, women are presented as deviants, whilst the men are all victims of evil feminists who are against the deen.

Last edited:
I’m happy for the sister but why is Lewisham Mosque doing all this? Mediating online disputes when I can’t even park outside the masjid
1721211112195.png

Adam Weishaupt

Forgot I Had an Account

MISOGYNY.

Not related to this thread or your comment, but I have an off-topic question about the word "misogyny."

I searched for its definition and found that "misogyny is a consequence of patriarchy (male-dominated society)." Wouldn't this term be used against all-male leadership societies? Essentially, wouldn't that mean Islam itself is misogynistic? So misogyny would not exist if there was a Matriarchy opposite of patriarchy? This Western liberal term would likely be applied to Islam by any Westerner, and I have mostly seen it used by them and atheists to debunk religion.

Last edited:
I like the old Somali culture of approaching a girl via an acquaintance, who then approaches her male relative, who then reviews the man in question, and only then do the two interested parties start the ‘talking stage’. A man with a single objective driven by lust does not have the patience to go through the equivalence of a full FAANG interview process, he will coerce you to agree to do shady stuff in the darkness like a secret marriage, away from the scrutiny of your protectors, because his intentions with you are not noble, and he will not honour his obligations.

In today’s environment, its more likely that a man will directly approach the girl and establish a relationship with her, but the male relative card is still the best eraser at a girl’s disposal. If he is serious, he will welcome contact with your mahram. If he isn’t, then he will do everything in his power to avoid meeting your male relatives, in-fact he fears the thought of it, because that would mean committing to you on a honourable basis.

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
Not related to this thread or your comment, but I have an off-topic question about the word "misogyny."

I searched for its definition and found that "misogyny is a consequence of patriarchy (male-dominated society)." Wouldn't this term be used against all-male leadership societies? Essentially, wouldn't that mean Islam itself is misogynistic? So misogyny would not exist if there was a Matriarchy opposite of patriarchy? This Western liberal term would likely be applied to Islam by any Westerner, and I have mostly seen it used by them and atheists to debunk religion.

The term comes from the 1600s and the definition is “dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women”

So no, it’s not a “Western liberal” term, it predates it. The root actually comes from Ancient Greek.

We d

MISOGYNY.

We don’t have this problems in the Somali community,single mothers are not stigmatized

Internet Nomad

✪𝕰𝖘𝖔𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖈 𝕬𝖒𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖆𝖈✪
The anger stems from the fact that many misogynist Muslim men want to normalize misyr marriage in which they treat women like glorified side chicks. What’s funny is that many of them are Arab or from the subcontinent in which those types of marriages are seen as unacceptable and any women being part of such a marriage will be seen as and treated as a ***** but they’re fighting for it since they want to treat a class of Muslim women whom they feel don’t deserve their rights in Islam as side chicks. They would never accept this for their sisters, mothers, daughters and the list continues. Many Scholars such as Ibn Uthaymeen and Albani banned it and said it was haram due to how unethical and so at odds with the Islamic ideal of marriage.

Within Muslim marriages many misogynistic men want to categorize Muslim women as some women as proper ‘wives’ and others being like mistresses whilst screaming that ‘technically’ it’s halal. This is why I hate the UK Dawah scene. There isn’t a lot of morality or ethnics. Their view are based on Islamic loopeholes and technicalities and anyone that points that out is a filthy ‘feminist’. These are same men who contest women’s education and work whilst wanting a subsection to be ‘independent’ so that they can get responsibility free sex. If those men can get sex without strings, they’ll turn into the biggest liberals at the same time whilst wanting to force many women into a life of no reading and writing and they’ll also
talk about ‘consent’ and women having their own money and place which is why they should be side chicks. Mind you, they don’t believe in consent and free will when it comes to forcing women not to attend school or work btw. Consent is only about their ability to sleep with women for free and to keep them a secret.

All of this talk of fitnah, it is indeed but let’s be specific, it’s straight up misogyny and it’s something I’ve been talking about for years. If those imaams weren’t decent enough to come out with the truth, that single mother would have been slandered and seen as a liar for years since in our community, women are presented as deviants, whilst the men are all victims of evil feminists who are against the deen.
This whole temporary marriage is more of a cultural issue than a religious one. Never have i heard somalis talking about temporary marriages abroad or in the country.

Our problem is the ease for people to enter polygamy without knowing or having the full responsibility of it.

This is an TJ/Arab issue.

Nah he's actually cooked you know, a girl in Gaza asked him to share her gofundme for her family and he basically told her to stop victimizing herself

Based on this tweet and the other situation with the single mother, I don’t think it’s a good idea for him to do Dawah online.

Trending

Latest posts