The story of Araweelo confuses me and her grave!!

Do you believe Araweelo was real??

• Total voters

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
So we all know the story about Araweelo an ancient princess :noneck: .But here’s what confuses me.HER GRAVE!!!Men throw stones and women lay flowers this makes sense when regrading the story :faysalwtf: but I have a problem a lot of people say she’s just a story which is understandable but why throw STONES at the alleged gravesite of a folklore queen.They need to remove the rocks I wanna see what’s underneath :sitdown: but at the same time those rocks have been thrown for hundreds of years so they can stay ig but I want to know if someone is buried under there :jcoleno:

37CA825A-75AA-4621-B593-550FB54CC8E8.jpeg

I think she was a real figure but mythologised. I remember reading some historians attirbuting her to a certain real life queen.

Somalis aren't the only ethnicity that have this figure there are others in Ethiopia who remember a very similar sounding queen

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
I think she was a real figure but mythologised. I remember reading some historians attirbuting her to a certain real life queen.

Somalis aren't the only ethnicity that have this figure there are others in Ethiopia who remember a very similar sounding queen
Queen Fura for Sidama people I know there’s others though

Nin123

The most misunderstood man in here.
VIP
So we all know the story about Araweelo an ancient princess :noneck: .But here’s what confuses me.HER GRAVE!!!Men throw stones and women lay flowers this makes sense when regrading the story :faysalwtf: but I have a problem a lot of people say she’s just a story which is understandable but why throw STONES at the alleged gravesite of a folklore queen.They need to remove the rocks I wanna see what’s underneath :sitdown: but at the same time those rocks have been thrown for hundreds of years so they can stay ig but I want to know if someone is buried under there :jcoleno:

View attachment 333091
It’s folk lore or mythology and it kinda copy the Queen of Sheba story.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Araweelo isn’t real, it’s most likely a Somali version of Queen of Sheba like how Ethiopians have their own version (Makeda)