Third worldism and african cope

So my title is somewhat provaticve. But I've been more and more convinced of it as I've been exploring african literature and intellectual culture throughout lectures and seeing what kind of books are available. What I found is not pleasant the entire discourse is about oppression, colonialism, neocolonlaism. imperalism, third world solidarity( notice its just a bunch of catchphrases) . "Breaking the chains of global oppression " . 50 years ago it was somewhat intresting. But there is literally nothing else african intellctuals and the diaspora. Plus the white people involved in this talk about. It made me realize there is nothing of substance in basically 90% of african studies or post colonial studies and it's adjacent fields. No country that is actually progressing focuses on these things . Outside of its use as a political tool. Look at the Asian countries(forget about east asia its even more advanced) . These people consume their own culutral prooducts and don't spend all their time navel gazing and focused on their oppressd past they see it as only part of the past. Their intellectuals have something of substance to say not endldss discussion of colonalism and what the west owes us . I'm not saying this stuff has no value. But the reality is if their was real economic and intellectual growth nobody would be talking about this stuff. It's really just cope for the most part.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah that's true. I've honestly started to build such a distaste to anything that talks about concepts like freedom liberty and oppression. If I really wanted to rip the bandaid off I coul say how the "authentic african" culture stuff like oral tradition, proverbs, etc. Is really not africa everybody has these things. Nobody is intrested in developing or promoting something really local. I think most of us know this on some level. That's why you don't see people take an interest in this stuff if their not interested in third worldism and colonalism. The idea that all culutral products are equally intresting is almost insulting when Nobody believes that . It makes me think what do these people actually believe.

Yeah that's true. I've honestly started to build such a distaste to anything that talks about concepts like freedom liberty and oppression. If I really wanted to rip the bandaid off I coul say how the "authentic african" culture stuff like oral tradition, proverbs, etc. Is really not africa everybody has these things. Nobody is intrested in developing or promoting something really local. I think most of us know this on some level. That's why you don't see people take an interest in this stuff if their not interested in third worldism and colonalism. The idea that all culutral products are equally intresting is almost insulting when Nobody believes that . It makes me think what do these people actually believe.

The african intellectuals are one of the largest contributors. I never really took the big namer african intellectuals seriously becuae a lot of what they were saying sounded like b.s . But I still thought there was something there. Now I realized it's all a sand castle. You can even peep how you don't see african or black scholars. In stuff that's not related to black people or colonialism/racism . I'm intrested in a lot of different topics like anicnet and medeival history. As well as asian relegions/culture. But I haven't seen or even heard of a single black scholar on any of these topics . It makes you realize how much of a joke this all is.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So my title is somewhat provaticve. But I've been more and more convinced of it as I've been exploring african literature and intellectual culture throughout lectures and seeing what kind of books are available. What I found is not pleasant the entire discourse is about oppression, colonialism, neocolonlaism. imperalism, third world solidarity( notice its just a bunch of catchphrases) . "Breaking the chains of global oppression " . 50 years ago it was somewhat intresting. But there is literally nothing else african intellctuals and the diaspora. Plus the white people involved in this talk about. It made me realize there is nothing of substance in basically 90% of african studies or post colonial studies and it's adjacent fields. No country that is actually progressing focuses on these things . Outside of its use as a political tool. Look at the Asian countries(forget about east asia its even more advanced) . These people consume their own culutral prooducts and don't spend all their time navel gazing and focused on their oppressd past they see it as only part of the past. Their intellectuals have something of substance to say not endldss discussion of colonalism and what the west owes us . I'm not saying this stuff has no value. But the reality is if their was real economic and intellectual growth nobody would be talking about this stuff. It's really just cope for the most part.

Africans as a specie are very simple. They have a soul, mother soul, but nothing else. :jcoleno:

Tiyeglow

A Laandheere always pays his debts
The solution is a simple yet arduous process: Treat NGOs like Idi Amin treated Indians and prioritise investment however little over any handout. Dead Aid explained this perfectly. No country has ever succeeded and transitioned from Aid to growth. NGO industrial complex is the modern version of colonialism, the fangs are the IMF and WB with its debt + interest but its all undergirded by the victimization concept of Aid. Aid industry creates perpetual poverty which leads to cascading reasonings why Africa is in this poverty, cut it off and a new age of investment, growth and enterprise can be born, stick with it and persists on inertia, indigents, indignity. It actually isn't that complex.

Nassim Taleb mentions post-traumatic stress growth in his book Anti-fragile, which is the opposite of PTSD and more positive outlook, kicking out all Aid industry workers would lead to this post-traumatic stress growth, after the initial difficulties of being without easy flow of money, as necessity is the mother of invention. This isn't to even touch upon the reduction and general impact it will have on corruption (which creates greater equality in society, so more of a need to build together. Since the haves and have nots are so distinct, the need to incentive them to use the aid money on socially benefits aspects like roads, lights, etc isn't there). Honestly, I have more hatred towards Aid industry than anything that was the aftermath of 1884 Berlin conference. I prefer a clear enemy than one that acts benevolent and paternal but is holding me back and sucking me dry slyly and manipulatively.

This one I agree with, like don’t some African people get embarrassed? Is slavery the only thing that is part of their history? Like you wouldn’t think Somalia was ever colonised by Europeans because none of us care about that today. It’s just shameful tbh. Like the entire continent of Africa, with its rich history and diverse people, and some black people only ever want to talk about slavery or colonialism. Sometimes I just roll my eyes.

Yeah well I’ve never been a pan Africanist nor have I subscribed to the whole “collective struggle against colonialism” jive that’s present even till this day, reason being, adherents to that view point are posers, obnoxious, politically illiterate, or looking for mating partners. It’s not meant to be anything more than a romantics view of politics.