This account calls Jawahir Osman Banadiri she’s not 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

These man were and still are the weapon of Habash, today they fight us Ciise and attack our land with Habasha weapons and Habasha support. 600 years ago they were fighting for the Abyssinian Negus. Today they fight for Abiy. Never once in history gave Canfar rebelled or fought the Habasha. Whenever the Habash wants to put pressure on Dir they always get Afars to do incursions into our land. They did it centuries ago and they're still being good little adoons for the Christians today.

Name a kingdom they have? Aussa was originally a Dir imamnate, remnant of Adal. Then was toppled by the Afar Sultan which immediately got xooged by Abyssinians and Ottomans.
They're your brothers whatever dispute that exists between your clan and them in Ethiopia, it's a land tribal dispute between you two which is not that different with Ciise against Samaroons or any other two Somali clans having a dispute over a grazing land.

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
I was going to ask you this before but where did these Yemenis even come from
Most are refugees I've seen them around. There's a few that are old stock but they're assimilated and most intermarried with Somali like my great grandmother. But the newgens who came off the boat got relocated by the gov from places like Obock to the city and Somali buisnessmen scoop them up for low wages. But many set up restraunts I remember going to a Yemeni restraunt ran by freshies with my cousin and dad and we ate their grilled caloon.

Khaemwaset

VIP
They're your brothers whatever dispute that exists between your clan and them in Ethiopia, it's a land tribal dispute between you two which is not that different with Ciise against Samaroons or any other two Somali clans having a dispute over a grazing land.
Ciise and Samaaroon is not the same as Ciise and Afar.

The Afar are a whole ethnicity beefing our sub clan.
Samaroon are our fellow Dir, another branch of the same clan family.

Ciise and Samaaroon is not the same as Ciise and Afar.

The Afar are a whole ethnicity beefing our sub clan.
Samaroon are our fellow Dir
Afar and us Somalis are particularly the same people with just slight difference between us when it comes into custom and language but never in our history did our people see them as "foreigners" hence why intermarriage is common with them and if you look at your clan relations with Afar you would see the same kind of clan meeting that two somali clans have to solve a dispute between them with it be murder or Camel theft and it's very common with Ciise subs and Afar subs that share the same grazing land and somalis never had that kind of relationship with any other group in the region, including the Oromos who are largely seen as foreigners by our ancestors.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Afar and us Somalis are particularly the same people with just slight difference between us when it comes into custom and language but never in our history did our people see them as "foreigners" hence why intermarriage is common with them and if you look at your clan relations with Afar you would see the same kind of clan meeting that two somali clans have to solve a dispute between them with it be murder or Camel theft and it's very common with Ciise subs and Afar subs that share the same grazing land and somalis never had that kind of relationship with any other group in the region, including the Oromos who are largely seen as foreigners by our ancestors.
Yes I see we are similar, as Ciise. But it's not all rainbows, there has always been a clear distinction. Afar language is very alien to a Somali. We still consider each other to be seperate ethnicities and we never claim to be of similar lineages.

That's very different to the relationship with Samaroon who are seen as just other Dir Somali. There's a very big difference in that alone. Though I can admit culture, language & ethnicity gets very tangled. Gurgura are Dir and very close to Ciise. But they speak Oromo.

Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of Afar, larger than gurgura, speak af somali and have assimilated into Ciise society in Djibouti city.

Yes I see we are similar, as Ciise. But it's not all rainbows, there has always been a clear distinction. Afar language is very alien to a Somali. We still consider each other to be seperate ethnicities and we never claim to be of similar lineages.

That's very different to the relationship with Samaroon who are seen as just other Dir Somali. There's a very big difference in that alone. Though I can admit culture, language & ethnicity gets very tangled. Gurgura are Dir and very close to Ciise. But they speak Oromo.

Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of Afar, larger than gurgura, speak af somali and have assimilated into Ciise society in Djibouti city.
You say that when Afars see their dispute with some subs of your clan to be between two neighborly communities and not a "Somali-Afar" one , that tells you that we're one people who share the same history in the region regardless of our different lineages we have and Afar language is no strange to Ciise geeljire ear as he also knows it the same way an Canfar geeljire does .

Trending

Latest posts