this trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's this trend that's been going on across the internet over the years I have come across random websites and there is a somali "girl" on there looking for validation of some sort :vo3yidw: kind of cringy and I know some ppl on here would use it to negatively stereotype the whole somali female population, but it isn't the really the point. the weird thing is that it always sounds like a template. they start off saying, people hate somalis and they feel embarrassed to be one, they mention they are good looking but lie and say they are_____ or _____ or _____ because people will not like them if they tell them they are somali :ayaanswag: and it's always the same ethnicities, habesha, Caribbean, biracial that they claim to be. and they're always from the uk which makes me wonder what's going on down there :icon neutral:

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
I'm from the UK and if someone asks me where I am from I just say Ethiopia but only to random strangers who feel the need to approach me. I also tell other Somalis who approach me that I am Ethiopian? Why because Somalis are judgemental and would bad mouth me
And call me a and say stuff like
"Where is your hijab".

I'm not ashamed to be Somali but I'll be honest and say some older Somali people make cringe. They're loud and tend to be disrespectful to their surroundings. I wish Somalis would do better and have respect for themselves and their environments.

CorpseBride

Pardon my enthusiasm
Ladies and Gentlemen this is the perfect example of a disgraced shameful person. How dare you claim anything other than what you are?

I'm from the UK and if someone asks me where I am from I just say Ethiopia but only to random strangers who feel the need to approach me. I also tell other Somalis who approach me that I am Ethiopian? Why because Somalis are judgemental and would bad mouth me
And care me a and say stuff like
"Where is your hijab".

Why don't you talk back. You're not special. Every Somali girl experiences the old Odey reciting a sura he can't even translate. Just threaten him with the FBI and he'll leave you alone.

And care me a and say stuff like
"Where is your hijab".

I'm not ashamed to be Somali but I'll be honest and say some older Somali people make cringe. They're loud and tend to be disrespectful to their surroundings. I wish Somalis would do better and have respect for themselves and their environments.

Is it really that bad that if someone finds out a girl is somali they lose interest LOL or are those ppl trolling

ItsHanna

Ladies and Gentlemen this is the perfect example of a disgraced shameful person. How dare you claim anything other than what you are?

Why don't you talk back. You're not special. Every Somali girl experiences the old Odey reciting a sura he can't even translate. Just threaten him with the FBI and he'll leave you alone.

Do you think I stand there and have a full blown conversation? They ask are you Somali? And I say no and walk away. I don't own a stranger a conversation.

CorpseBride

Pardon my enthusiasm
Say yes or say nothing. Why deny your ethnicity. You're not a jew and Hitler is not alive.

Do you think I stand there and have a full blown conversation? They ask are you Somali? And I say no and walk away. I don't own a stranger a conversation.

ItsHanna

Say yes or say nothing. Why deny your ethnicity. You're not a jew and Hitler is not alive.

I said yes once to a old man and all he did was bash me and my friend who was Indian. He told me to stick to only Somalis and not befriend non-Somali people even though my friend is Muslim. I don't even know this man and he had the audacity to speak to me like that. Saying you're not Somali cuts out all the unnecessary conversations.

CorpseBride

Pardon my enthusiasm
Listen. Last week I beat up 3 Somali child fobs for doing the same. They called me names cause my hair is flawless. I beat them up, went to their fob hoyoo and abo and told them I will call the FBI and tell them you run a basement mosque recruiting child solider to the Bedouins. Now they don't even look at me.

I said yes once to a old man and all he did was bash me and my friend who was Indian. He told me to stick to only Somalis and not befriend non-Somali people even though my friend is Muslim. I don't even know this man and he had the audacity to speak to me like that. Saying you're not Somali cuts out all the unnecessary conversations.

ItsHanna

Listen. Last week I beat up 3 Somali child fobs for doing the same. They called me names cause my hair is flawless. I beat them up, went to their fob hoyoo and abo and told them I will call the FBI and tell them you run a basement mosque recruiting child solider to the Bedouins. Now they don't even look at me.

Whenever a random Somali persons asks
me if I am Somali they turn into detectives asking me all sorts of questions. I had one man ask me how old I was and I told him I was 16 (I'm actually 20) and then he proceeds to ask me where I live........ ummm really asking a 16 year old where she lives? I asked him why and he sai nevermind in Somali and ran away. Best option is to say you are not Somali. Everyone at my work and college knows that I am Somali it's not like I deny it around people I actually know. Just strangers.

Last edited:

ItsHanna

I could never bring myself to lie about my ethnicity. That's a new low in my eyes :westbrookwtf:

So a creepy old Somali guy approaches you and asks you in Somali if you are Somali you'd say yes? Or would you say no and just walk away.

So a creepy old Somali guy approaches you and asks you in Somali if you are Somali you'd say yes? Or would you say no and just walk away.
Ok you've made a good point :ufdup:
I would say I'm xabashi and then say astaghfirullah under my breath

ItsHanna

Ok you've made a good point :ufdup:
I would say I'm xabashi and then say astaghfirullah under my breath

I'm getting called a self hater for the statement I made? Lmao but I guess most of the people leaving comments to me like that are males and they don't know what us females go through. Getting hit on by a middle aged Abdi is the worst. I try my best to ignore them.

I'm getting called a self hater for the statement I made? Lmao but I guess most of the people leaving comments to me like that are males and they don't know what us females go through. Getting hit on by a middle aged Abdi is the worst. I try my best to ignore them.
I always get hit on by women and you don't see me complaining

That's not my thinking at all All I want is to
be left alone.
I understand

@Duke of Bohol this is not about self hatred. it's about how it sounds like a template.

also this L thing is getting corny and childish. walahi it' how my middle school/high school brothers and their friends talk grown men using that word is shameful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending