Thoughts on Djibouti? ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ

Change the name to Aussa, since there was an Adalite city and a Afar Sultanate that both used that name, so both ethnicities could accept it as a neutral alternative. The current name might as well be Djiboobies.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri aka Targaryen of the Awalid Kingdom.
Poverty stricken city-state that wasted it's potential just to be the personal cash cow for the Geele Dynasty

Just normal Somalia
Where does the name Djibouti come from
The name Djibouti stems from an Ancient battle between bouh and a beast named bouti who would kill and attack the citizens of the country, Long story short Bouh ended up defeating the beast hense the name "Jab-bouti"

GemState

36/21
VIP
Should be where diaspora somalis all park their cash. I was shocked when I found Djibouti was Somali majority, was thinking why the fck are Somalis buying up property everywhere from malaysia to turkey but not Djibouti.

It should be the Somali/East African cyprus. A place everyone in the region invests and bashaals. IOG too paranoid tho

Should be where diaspora somalis all park their cash. I was shocked when I found Djibouti was Somali majority, was thinking why the fck are Somalis buying up property everywhere from malaysia to turkey but not Djibouti.

It should be the Somali/East African cyprus. A place everyone in the region invests and bashaals. IOG too paranoid tho
As a Djiboutian, there is a very good reason why non-Djibouti Somalis don't park their money in Djibouti. The country has no property rights and the state/elite/President will seize your assets if they see your wealth as a threat to their oligopoly and looting. There are millionaire Djiboutians already living in exile because of this government.

Like most African elites, they would rather control a poor society than live in a richer one they don't control.

Khaemwaset

Frรผher of the Djibouti Ugaasate ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ
VIP
As a Djiboutian, there is a very good reason why non-Djibouti Somalis don't park their money in Djibouti. The country has no property rights and the state/elite/President will seize your assets if they see your wealth as a threat to their oligopoly and looting. There are millionaire Djiboutians already living in exile because of this government.

Like most African elites, they would rather control a poor society than live in a richer one they don't control.
Djibouti could be the bank of Somali buisnessmen and the silicon valley of Somaliweyn if the city state was managed properly. Damn these dictator and family, everyday I want to hang them from a tree for fucking up the one chance Ciise had at building a rich nation. The government makes so much money yet we're living like we are in somalia that barley generates 7 billion a year with 18 million people. Whilst tiny city of Djibouti makes 3 billion a year with a population of 1 million and we Ciise still living in slums.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP

Smack Dabouti

1694546778028.gif

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
On a serious note: I always see them to be the most quietest nations.

Considering theyโ€™re the smallest and also the most peaceful nation compare to the other eastern African countries; they have a lot of potential.

Iโ€™ve also heard: they have a lot foreign military camps (for training military purposes) this explains why no other country would wage war on Djibouti.

Poverty is a major downside but so are other African countries.

I do wish best for Djibouti I hope it ends up like Rwanda or Singapore.

Trending