Tribute to Somali cities

I've made this thred, so we can share information about Somali cities, for educational purpose, to educate ourselves of our country Somalia.. Please feel free to contribute.

I will start of with Baydhabo, the capital city of the Bay and Bakool region in Southern Somalia..

Bille

Sidii roon Raba og
The way they trade with the hidden hand signature, a bit confusing but interesting

Yes, it's interesting. The guy who is selling the animals is not even the owner. He is an Agent in Somali language they are called Dilaal they will get commission when they sell the animals for you.

Yes, it's interesting. The guy who is selling the animals is not even the owner. He is an Agent in Somali language they are called Dilaal they will get commission when they sell the animals for you.
I wonder if this is how they used to trade camels/cattle in the old days.

wonyluvr

prima hablood 𝜗𝜚⋆₊˚
VIP
Saylac
B7D22959-08D5-4968-AB7D-76AD7190675C.jpeg

Bille

Sidii roon Raba og

Picture of the famous istunka. This event take place Once in a year in a little town Afgooye. The farmers of Afgooye fight 3 days long with sticks. Those 3 days many Somalis go Afgooye to watch istunka (the battle of the farmers).
Each day they keep the score which side of the river is the winner, next day they all come back, and the fight starts all over again.

Sa_Male

runta ayaan kugu qarxin
Picture of the famous istunka. This event take place Once in a year in a little town Afgooye. The farmers of Afgooye fight 3 days long with sticks. Those 3 days many Somalis go Afgooye to watch istunka (the battle of the farmers).
Each day they keep the score which side of the river is the winner, next day they all come back, and the fight starts all over again.
They still do it?? :mugshotman:

Trending

Latest posts