Turkey will now chemically castrate sex offenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Yes Turkey. Test drive controversial shit so we can fine tune it here. I know a few countries have already implemented this, so we'll have a great textbook on how to deal with degeneracy soon.

Inshallah :ohhhdamn:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
They are bound to castrate innocent people. It's the same with the death penalty. But people don't care about facts and stats.

From what I can gather most countries do it on a voluntary basis for reduced sentences. Which means people who plead guilty can choose chemical castration in exchange for not rotting in a prison cell.

But aside from that, yes. Absolute forms of justice only work if your justice system is perfect. 100% impregnable. If it isn't then, you are carrying out an act that can have severe societal ramifications like innocents being wrongfully convicted and so on.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
From what I can gather most countries do it on a voluntary basis for reduced sentences. Which means people who plead guilty can choose chemical castration in exchange for not rotting in a prison cell.

But aside from that, yes. Absolute forms of justice only work if your justice system is perfect. 100% impregnable. If it isn't then, you are carrying out an act that can have severe societal ramifications like innocents being wrongfully convicted and so on.

No civilised society should still have the death penalty. It's archaic and impractical and doesn't work.

Castration of sex offenders sounds nice but anyone who looks at it critically and is aware of the possible ramifications of castrating innocent people should not be for it.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It's seems like a very dehumanizing way if is enforced forcefully, as it can lead to innocent people getting chemically castrated, same reason I'm against capital punishment. I'd rather get one guilty get free than punish the innocent. Although I've heard that people in some countries can do it optionally if they suffer from some sexual degenracy like pedophilia but that's done with the persons consent after a thorough investigation by mental health professionals where the person is deemed uncurable.

Apollo

VIP
It's now almost certain that Turkey will never join the EU. It's getting more obvious by the day.

It was never serious anyway, just a carrot and stick method to keep them from going all Iran.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
And men after they hit puberty should be chemically castrated. You guys know that you can reverse it right? The organs and everything is still there. It's not sterilization.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
No civilised society should still have the death penalty. It's archaic and impractical and doesn't work.

Castration of sex offenders sounds nice but anyone who looks at it critically and is aware of the possible ramifications of castrating innocent people should not be for it.

capital punishment is indeed for the barbaric, and i was actually midway through typing out a post calling this a xiyawaan concept until i thought of it further. if it's voluntary, and the adverse side-effects are what they are, then a gateway option for convicted offenders to find re-entry into society easier might be a decent option for us as a whole. because most cannot and will not go to jail for life sentences, and they will eventually be required to reenter the free world. suppressing their urges may put people at ease when dealing with them.

the adverse side effects are currently:

enlarged nipples and reduced mamallary glands in women and males
obviously reduced libido (with the chance of it being permanent)
general hormonal imbalances that can lead to impotency

if it's entirely voluntary i can't quite hate on it just yet. like pedophiles simply have no chance at recovery so long as that urge exists. they are threats and will continue to be threats unless given therapeutic options. and i guess this would be one of them.

forced castration is obviously bullshit, however.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
It's seems like a very dehumanizing way if is enforced forcefully, as it can lead to innocent people getting chemically castrated, same reason I'm against capital punishment. I'd rather get one guilty get free than punish the innocent. Although I've heard that people in some countries can do it optionally if they suffer from some sexual degenracy like pedophilia but that's done with the persons consent after a thorough investigation by mental health professionals where the person is deemed uncurable.

In the last 30 years 140 people have been released from death row in USA. Imagine the innocent who were executed before DNA existed. But supporters of capital punishment will deliberately ignore facts. Death penalty is uncivilised and backward. And impractical.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
And men after they hit puberty should be chemically castrated. You guys know that you can reverse it right? The organs and everything is still there. It's not sterilization.

it's essentially pumping your body with exogenous drugs and hormones in an attempt to keep libido down or nonexistent. which directly stops the deluded fantasies.

it's not always reversible. sometimes it can do complete damage.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Chemically castrating someone only reduces the libido aka sexual activity. After giving it a thought I disagree. Rape has nothing do to with sex or sexual urges but power, male behavior and male entitlement.

Chemically castrating them is like saying it's "in you're nature to rape so we will reduce your libido". It's indirectly giving men a reason for their behavior. How about we target their mindset? There's nothing wrong with human sexuality.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It's now almost certain that Turkey will never join the EU. It's getting more obvious by the day.

It was never serious anyway, just a carrot and stick method to keep them from going all Iran.
Why would Turkey join EU, now of all times. It's becoming more and more of a crumbling project. That's why it's increasing it's influence outside of it, by buddying up with Putin again after last autumns fiasco and looking east, kinda like Modi. It's quite funny though as Erdogan, Putin and Modi are kinda the same but in different stages of control of the state.

what stats and facts? I've never seen a stat on false rape reports.
He's quite obviously not talking about victim blaming but that we shouldn't rush to castrate people, which will eventually end up with innocent people getting castrated even if 99% were guilty, that 1% means we shouldn't.

You're starting to sound real gimmicky.
:bell:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending