UFC Abubakar 🇸🇴 vs Hadebe 🇿🇦

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
What is it about minorities succeeding that makes ethnic Somalis look bad? Somali families sure as hell don’t think themselves inferior to minorities. Is there some defect in our culture that limits our success in sporting industries. We’re the same as Inda yar and Hindis. Parents have a strong preference on academics and ignore sports even if their child has massive talent, they see it as a waste. There’s nothing about minorities succeeding that makes us look bad. It’s just perception. The new generation of Somali kids will produce more athletes because the parents lived/ grew up in the west and aren’t so dismissive towards their kids dreams. There will be Somalis is new career paths, both just the typical doctor lawyer engineer.

"We’re the same as Inda yar and Hindis. Parents have a strong preference on academics and ignore sports even if their child has massive talent"

Big reach because compared to the indayar and hindis we don't have a bunch of Somali men that were being raised to become doctors and engineers since birth here in the west.
Obviously we got a bunch of successful Somali lads out there but I don't think it's because our parents were focused on education only like Asian families.

I genuinely believe our parents didn't believe there were other pathways to success outside of school. A lot of our parents did the bare minimum in raising Somali kids too. A majority of the time these successful Somali guys in stem fields barely had help from their parents. Also like other Somali kids My biggest obstacle when it came to participating in sports or clubs growing up were my parents.

Somali parents had kids just to have them. Asian families had kids and made sure to try and raise them to become successful. That's why so many of their kids are attending the best universities across the nation.

Somali bantus even have more pro footballers than us ethnic somalis.

We even have a bantu balling out in college football here in the states.

This is a bad look for ethnic somali families
It’s not a bad look, they’re just better. No shame in that. College football is a madow sport + white Christian QBs there isn’t a lane for somalis there.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone in the NFL who wasn’t black or white

Ashraf

🌊🐫𐒅𐒔𐒖𐒂 𐒅𐒘𐒐𐒐𐒗𐒇🇸🇴🪽
"We’re the same as Inda yar and Hindis. Parents have a strong preference on academics and ignore sports even if their child has massive talent"

Big reach because compared to the indayar and hindis we don't have a bunch of Somali men that were being raised to become doctors and engineers since birth here in the west.
Obviously we got a bunch of successful Somali lads out there but I don't think it's because our parents were focused on education only like Asian families.

I genuinely believe our parents didn't believe there were other pathways to success outside of school. A lot of our parents did the bare minimum in raising Somali kids too. A majority of the time these successful Somali guys in stem fields barely had help from their parents. Also like other Somali kids My biggest obstacle when it came to participating in sports or clubs growing up were my parents.

Somali parents had kids just to have them. Asian families had kids and made sure to try and raise them to become successful. That's why so many of their kids are attending the best universities across the nation.
Nah our Hooyos never did the bare minimum they did everything with what they had. Somali mothers are notorious for their sacrifices, and that’s something almost all Somali diasporas share. They coddle their sons a lot and a lot of responsibility is placed on the daughter. This is my honest observation as a Somali man. Also a lot of Somali parents never bothered with integrating into western societies because they believed they would be back in Somalia once the civil war stopped. But sadly learned it wouldn’t. In my secondary school most Somalis were in the top classes. And there’s a lot of Somali owned tuition places especially in London, the parents were hyper focused on education and ignored other potential avenues for success. The people who are successful in STEM most likely came from the higher class families in Somalia who didn’t have to stay in a refugee camp and had enough money to flee from the onset of the war. Participating in extracurricular sports was something my mum always encouraged me to do, I would tell her I wanted to be a footballer or boxer and she would genuinely support me. Alhamdulilah I was blessed with a supportive mum, she would often tell me your gonna be a doctor and try to steer me in that direction but she always wanted the best for me and would support me no matter what Avenue I chose. This would be different to Somali parents who had a lot of kids, and thus grew up in poorer conditions with less money per child, and less focus. The Somali parents who struggled to get by and had large families and had to compensate by sending their kids to daqan Celis in Somalia or Kenya I’d say we’re had kids just to have them. Other than that I don’t agree with your analysis. Moreover specifically on football academies in England they start recruiting from as young as 5-6 years old. There’s not much potential for Somalis to break in because it’s a universal experience for all Somalis to go Islamic school from a young age. Whereas parents who orient their children towards sports have the advantage as their child would be recruited from a young age. It’s why despite being known for being good dribblers and skillers in England.“PASS THE BALL ABDI” we haven’t produced any big football talents and are unlikely to do so in the near future. It will most likely change with the new generation of somali kids but not by a significant margin as I believe a lot of the diaspora still retain their culture and won’t be sports oriented. Instead academic. I will say tho expect a lot more Somalis in skill based roles such as electricians and plumbers, the way forward isn’t only a degree and the new generation of parents will understand that.

Last edited:

AbdiFreedom

Scientologist | Against Trudeau's antiBlack racism
Staff Member
Get real, he's not a Farax. That guy has hairy shoulders. I don't think I have ever seen that before. I suppose that will happen when you're mixed with Ayrab, Paki and Persian.

Ashraf

🌊🐫𐒅𐒔𐒖𐒂 𐒅𐒘𐒐𐒐𐒗𐒇🇸🇴🪽
Get real, he's not a Farax. That guy has hairy shoulders. I don't think I have ever seen that before. I suppose that will happen when you're mixed with Ayrab, Paki and Persian.
Focus on your specialty nigga and keep talking about hindus. Wannabe Scientologist, get Trudeau’s dick out of your mouth

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
It’s not a bad look, they’re just better. No shame in that. College football is a madow sport + white Christian QBs there isn’t a lane for somalis there.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone in the NFL who wasn’t black or white

"It’s not a bad look, they’re just better. No shame in that. College football is a madow sport + white Christian QBs there isn’t a lane for somalis there."

Imma make a thread about niggas like you soon.
Ive literally never felt genetically inferior to anyone when it came to sports.

@Chaseyourdreamzz wallahi I hate these type of niggas

Did you see his DNA test? He could have a high percentage of somali blood but a rare phenotype. Leave it to a bum on sspot contributing nothing to somalias image to hate on another proud Somali doing greater things for us. His success will inspire more Somalis to enter the ufc. Whereas some bum like you managed to achieve VIP on sspot with the tag “average ssc patriot” reer ssc are warriors and they damn sure ain’t waste their life on sspot hating on other Somalis. Keyboard warrior keep deluding yourself .
These guys think Somalinimo is something given out on the Somali spot of the DNA section.

He is Somali, Reer Xamar.

Clearly the fight is hosted in the UAE. Somalia is an Arab League State, that is why they put Arabia.

Nothing to be fussed about.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
I dont get the hate reer xamar, somali bantus and other 0.5 are somali and that guy is a wadani for representing his country.

Somali parenting is not compatible in the diaspora the mentality of the whole village raises your kids doesn’t work

@Aseer @Galool @Shangani @Ashraf @EyiPunter @wonyluvr
some users i meantion above and others that i didnt mention in this thread are really trying to make non somalis into being somali and others who refute their false claim they resort insults instead logic and reason those of you that think non somalis like Tanzania bantu and indians or pakista what whatever asians countries they came from are somali are telling lies and spreading false narratives
i think islamic view they not somalis nor should they claim somali and somali culture view they are not somali
them having somali majority somali blood dont make them somali everyone in this world mix even us somali have 60% or more nilotics blood does that make us nilotics people
some of you realy trying hard to replace somali people with non somali
In order someone to be somali has to decent from somali males patrilineage that is how somali identity works
Stop trying to pushing those lies

"It’s not a bad look, they’re just better. No shame in that. College football is a madow sport + white Christian QBs there isn’t a lane for somalis there."

Imma make a thread about niggas like you soon.
Ive literally never felt genetically inferior to anyone when it came to sports.

@Chaseyourdreamzz wallahi I hate these type of niggas
Being better suited for a sport ≠ genetically inferior. How many madow niggas you seen in cross country? Swimming? They aren’t suited for those sports at all.

I think the average somalis is just as good as the average madow at bball. I think we have untapped potential in swimming too. Does that count as feeling genetically inferior?

You just want to spend all your time forcing somali kids to play college football because it’s “cool” with 0 route of success previously, extremely limited success for anyone outside 3 groups and a high chance of developing CTE then be my guest. Even if you go to the NFL the contracts are so ass.

One thing I will say though is it’s a good way for somali kids to channel their violent gene