Venezuela elections/my predictions

Venezuela is headed for elections tonight. They’ll elect a presidential candidate who will lead from May 25th next year. The polls show that the opposition party will demolish the current Communist president. The opposition leads in the poll by a lot, with Maduro having less than 15%. The Democratic Unitary Platform wants to negotiate with the West, be part of the international community, and trade. They also want the sanctions on Venezuelan oil to be removed. They don't want to focus only on the East or be part of the "Evil Axis." They also want their currency to be stable, and not hyperinflated like Zimbabwe's currency. Mark my words: if they win, if Venezuelans vote for this party, and if Maduro accepts the loss, they’ll start to eat well. Considering Venezuela's 300 billion barrels of oil, the opposition seems a lot smarter. They want reforms, checks and balances, and to be integrated into the WTO

My predictions are based on those polls and the big "if" of Maduro accepting the loss. If he rigs it, which he likely will, they might get sanctioned more.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Isnt venezuelas type of oil really hard and expensive to extract though?

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
I think Venezuelan elections are as real as a triangle with four angles.

I think it's just a charade rigged in favor of Maduro. Venezuela is a dictatorship that larps as a democracy. Not that I believe in the fake democracy of the West either.

I think it will be fake, the CNNs and BBCs of the world will act outraged, the pro-Maduro people of the world will defend the fake election and say Maduro is fighting imperialism (by forcing a garbage communist system on a society of people that doesn't want it) and nothing will happen.

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
btw I want to mention that Latin commies are larpers who have pretty much never scratched a US soldier ever. Mexicans are the real anti-imperialists and have scratched a number of US soldiers in their history.

The problem with communists is that they always want to focus on the wealth gap. They say the problem is rich people, and their solution is to ensure everyone stays poor, instead of embracing capitalism, which gradually reduces poverty. Maduro's daughter is worth $4-6 billion while Venezuelans live in poverty. Communists are jealous of wealthy people; that's why they love to pretend otherwise. I used to know this one white girl whose parents owned an apartment worth €3 million. She always wore ripped jeans from second-hand stores and often said "eat the rich." It's a way for people to pretend. Communists are often wealthy individuals who look down on the working class. Sorry for the essay, I hope this wasn’t useless yap

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
The problem with communists is that they always want to focus on the wealth gap. They say the problem is rich people, and their solution is to ensure everyone stays poor, instead of embracing capitalism, which gradually reduces poverty. Maduro's daughter is worth $4-6 billion while Venezuelans live in poverty. Communists are jealous of wealthy people; that's why they love to pretend otherwise. I used to know this one white girl whose parents owned an apartment worth €3 million. She always wore ripped jeans from second-hand stores and often said "eat the rich." It's a way for people to pretend. Communists are often wealthy individuals who look down on the working class. Sorry for the essay, I hope this wasn’t useless yap

that's how it is.

Venezuelan immigrants are pouring into countries throughout Latin America (and into the US). when I was a kid, I basically never met Venezuelans. anyways, now with Venezuelans representing I think the largest mass exodus in the world at this time... more Latin people have been talking about them and we've been calling them this slang term "venecos".

so it was common we'd talk about venecos. then I met some Venezuelans and I think I called one a veneco in front of him... and I found out they take it offensively. we call them that as slang but they take offense to it. I know this from talking to them in person.

I say this to show I'm actually familiar with these ppl. and I have never met a Venezuelan who was pro their government. every time I meet someone who is super pro that government... either it's a bougie leftist white person... or it's some guy from a non-Latin third world country who is in favor of "anti-imperialism" but isn't actually that knowledgeable about the region. but it's pretty much never someone who is from Latin America and I've never met a pro-government Venezuelan.

and the ppl from other places who promote that gov... ask them about the veneco topic, they'll have no idea... it's all ppl who don't know that much

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
it was like a week ago this white leftist person was trying to tell me about Venezuela... and he was trying to tell me the US crashed their economy... garbage communist policies wrecked their economy... Venezuela's economy collapsed years before there were sanctions

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP
The news has been talking about this like crazy I heard on the radio, there was this guest and my god the way she was describing I wouldnt be suprised if the average normie thought Maduro was modern day hittler but this person was going for at least 30 minutes. Happened a few days ago. But I have no clue whats going on in venezula but apprently the girl whos been banned from running who is now running behind a surrogate is way more free. And the guest was describing her as the last bastion to freedom and true democracy, You know whenever I hear democracy in a foreign country we ALL know what that means dont we. But seeing all those venezulens fleeing this might be a rare moment where they actually need it .

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
The news has been talking about this like crazy I heard on the radio, there was this guest and my god the way she was describing I wouldnt be suprised if the average normie thought Maduro was modern day hittler but this person was going for at least 30 minutes. Happened a few days ago. But I have no clue whats going on in venezula but apprently the girl whos been banned from running who is now running behind a surrogate is way more free. And the guest was describing her as the last bastion to freedom and true democracy, You know whenever I hear democracy in a foreign country we ALL know what that means dont we. But seeing all those venezulens fleeing this might be a rare moment where they actually need it .

the opposition is garbage. Maduro really is terrible but the opposition is garbage.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP
the opposition is garbage. Maduro really is terrible but the opposition is garbage.
Could you explain more, I mean I could do research on my own but you know having you fact check my Radio guest bias sounds a whole lot better. But why exactly did maduro ban the girl, whos name I forgot from running? but letting the party still run.

Screenshot_٢٠٢٤-٠٧-٢٩-٠٣-٢٢-٣١-٥١_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
Could you explain more, I mean I could do research on my own but you know having you fact check my Radio guest bias sounds a whole lot better. But why exactly did maduro ban the girl, whos name I forgot from running? but letting the party still run.

I'll post more insha'Allah maybe. I don't mind ppl asking me about the region, it makes sense as I can listen to and read the local media.

as for cracking down on opposition... Venezuela is a military dictatorship that larps as a democracy. Chávez was from the military. Venezuela has "civil-military"... I think they call it "partnership". point is the military is with Maduro. anyways, it's a dictatorship. they don't really need a reason to go after opposition. but some opposition has done literal irhabi type stuff tho.

the mainstream/official venezuelan opposition... Juan Guaido and all that and this woman... US stooges... "democracy".... it's all nonsense.

I could be wrong in predicting things. I thought the coronavirus was going to be nothing like bird flu and h1n1 and I was definitely wrong. but as far as I'm aware, this venezuela election thing is just a distraction. personally I haven't been paying attention to it and I don't think it's worth paying attention to it. but- as I said, I could be wrong. I seriously doubt the military would turn on Maduro but some opposition activists might... get kinda violent... or loud... and then I expect they'd get shut down, maybe violently, maybe Maduro would figure out a way that won't look as bad...

look I'm not expecting anything to come out of this... "election"...

but just to mention something loosely related... I really saw a video a while back where some chavista activists (colectivistas I think they're called) were playing with the decapitated head of an opposition supporter and mocking the deceased person... it may have been two heads... anyways they were doing it in front of a camera for social media as a message to anti-gov ppl.... I mention this to illustrate that Venezuela is a fake democracy and that gov is nowhere near as innocent as ppl might think

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
also I'm still extremely angry at Maduro about the essequibo thing. ppl don't realize- Maduro gave this super ultra militant speech about getting ready for war to expand Venezuela, I was all hyped up for it and then Maduro did nothing. the guy was just playing with all of us. I don't want this woman opposition leader getting into power, though, Latin America doesn't need woman presidents. I support Kamala though.

#teamKamala